Sign in to follow this  
wallmg

Can't log in to Windows

This may or may not be related to an issue I reported here on 3/12/2012, but now when I get to the log in screen and type in my password, it doesn't recognize my password and won't let me log in. I tried as administrator as well, to no avail.

I leave my computer on all the time, and sometimes I will come in to my office and find my computer at the log-in window, which means it had to have logged off on it's own. At the log-in screen, there will sometimes be two log-in options instead of the usual one: one option is as "Administrator," the other is my normal log-in as myself. When this happens, If I log in as Administrator, the desktop and icons look different than usual, and the files are not open that I had open originally. Sometimes when this happened in the past, it wouldn't let me log in as myself. But if I reboot the computer at this point, it usually takes me back to a normal log-in screen and let's me log in normally.

This time, however, no matter what I do, it won't let me log in, either as administrator or myself. I've tried shorting the CMOS, and still no luck.

Does this sound like some kind of virus, or some other problem? Any ideas for how to get back into my system?

Thanks.

Mark

There are ways to get in, however I am a bit apprehensive about posting them publicly on the forums. Please send me a private message, and I'll be happy to discuss this with you.