Sign in to follow this  
JChriss

I Can't Turn on File Guard

Don't know what's going on. I just can't turn on File Guard. It refuses to switch on. I have rebooted several times and it persists. Recently I did have something pop up on deep scan, and it is currently in quarantine. It was the Happytofind toolbar, listed as medium threat, in six locations.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Sorry, more info. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit, no other security software. Using the Vista firewall, and Emsisoft Anti-malware 6.0. Oh, and I think Windows Defender is currently enabled, but I will have to check.

Sorry, I am using the paid version of EAM. I checked the information and I still have 100 or so days left on the license. I am pretty sure File Guard was on before that scan. Oh also, around the time I noticed File Guard was off, I downloaded an update of Adobe flash player and it generated some warnings from EAM. I looked at the stats from the communitiy, which was about a 60-40 split in favor of installing, and I installed it. Maybe that had something to do with it. But the File Guard is still off. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall EAM?

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled EAM. Everything seems to be back to normal. File Guard is on and staying on. I ran a deep scan and no bad items came up. Perhaps this was a glitch. Don't know.

I downloaded Malwarebytes just to do a followup scan, and the quick scan found six items. Maybe these are the same items EAM found earlier which did not pop up again after the uninstall and reinstall. Any thoughts?