Hi,

It says in the Help , 'Online Armor adds an item to the Windows Explorer context menu that allows you to do this by right-clicking any program or program shortcut and selecting "Open Safer/Open Normal". If the program is not set to RunSafer then this entry will say "Open Safer", and clicking it will launch the program with the RunSafer restrictions this time only. If this item shows "Open Normal" then the program is set to RunSafer and selecting this menu entry will launch the program without the RunSafer restrictions this time only.'

And in options in programs the option 'Show colored border on programs set to RunSafer' is checked.

But I don't see an colored border a on Firefox after I clicked open safer from context menu of Firefox.

What is wrong? What is the correct way of doing it?

Best Wishes,

ams963

I assume you mean that you are right clicking on Firefox's icon on the desktop and choosing "Open Safer" from the resulting context menu?

Do you already have another instance of Firefox open when you are doing this?

Are you running Firefox inside a sandbox?

I assume you mean that you are right clicking on Firefox's icon on the desktop and choosing "Open Safer" from the resulting context menu?

Yes.

Do you already have another instance of Firefox open when you are doing this?

No.

Are you running Firefox inside a sandbox?

No. I'm only trying Firefox under RunSafer.

Can you try to exclude from protection another security software in Online Armor (go to options->exclusions and add folders with security applications, for example C:\Program Files\Webroot) and vice versa?

Can you try to exclude from protection another security software in Online Armor (go to options->exclusions and add folders with security applications, for example C:\Program Files\Webroot) and vice versa?

Yes I've already done that.

Do you get the green border on any other programs (not browsers) if you set them to Run Safer? I do recall quite some time ago now that someone had trouble with the green border on all browsers except IE and they suspected that it had something to do with Webroot SecureAnywhere. It may be that this program can prevent OA from drawing the green border due to it's own protection.

Do you get the green border on any other programs (not browsers) if you set them to Run Safer? I do recall quite some time ago now that someone had trouble with the green border on all browsers except IE and they suspected that it had something to do with Webroot SecureAnywhere. It may be that this program can prevent OA from drawing the green border due to it's own protection.

Green color does not appear on either IE nor FF. But it does appear on Windows Media Player.

Hello ams963,

Could you please tell me what security/backup software you have installed on the system you have troubles with RunSafer ? (the whole list please)

Thank you in advance,

Hello ams963,

Could you please tell me what security/backup software you have installed on the system you have troubles with RunSafer ? (the whole list please)

Thank you in advance,

Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials

Emsisoft Antimalware

Online Armour Premium

Malwarebytes Antimalware PRO

HtimanPro

Sandboxie pro

Secunia PSI

Keriver 1-Click Restore free

I did some testing, and the issue appears to be related to the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials. With just Online Armor and Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials installed, I experienced the issue with the green border not appearing around Firefox when launching it in RunSafer mode.

Is there any need to run more than 1 firewall and more than 1 av in realtime at the same time?

well that depends you see....Webroot SecureAnywhere is designed to run alongside any other av and it's firewall only offers outbound protection and is also compatible. Emsisoft Antimalware is not complementary but compatible as is stated in the FAQ in the official website emsisoft.com . Don't know about Online Armour. But should compatible.

A compatibility issue between Emsisoft Antimalware and Webroot SecureAnywhere was solved by Fabian Wosar in the Emsisoft Forum. Please refer to http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7793-emsisoft-antimalware-causing-firefox-application-error/

I hope this conflict between OA and WSA will also be solved.

Best Wishes,

ams963

I did some testing, and the issue appears to be related to the Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials. With just Online Armor and Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials installed, I experienced the issue with the green border not appearing around Firefox when launching it in RunSafer mode.

I'm glad that you could replicate the problem. I hope you would also find a solution pretty soon.

Best Wishes,

ams963