ruirib

OA Blocking Flash When IE Launches

Just a quick follow up: I have just spoken to Andrey and he has confirmed the following information:

• The fix will be tested in our next internal beta.
  • There is currently no ETA on a public release.
  • For now, simply mark the installer as Trusted and as an Installer in Online Armor to bypass the issue.
  • If proper rules are set up in Online Armor for the installer, then the temp file should be ignored.

This is very annoying and marking the executable as an installer does not solve it. Please solve this. Every time IE is started, OA asks for confirmation, while advising a block!

When I tested this issue, I was able to stop the warning from popping up after selecting to trust the file several times when IE launched.

This happens to me multiple times every single day. I have done what you suggested and it doesn't solve it. Is it that hard to update OA to fix an obvious bug and save users an annoying and time consuming workaround?

Any new flash version, like today, and the annoyance is ever more present, making the use of IE almost too much too bear.

Thank you Emsisoft for a great support for your customers, the paying ones!

I would believe the fix for this is available on beta updates. If you want to enable beta updates and let us know if there are any problems, then that might help expedite the process. ;)

Wasn't sure whether to create a new thread but this is related to this topic.

Due to the issue with Flash and Online Armor I updated it by marking it as Installer and Trusted. After updating like others I have to allow the red popup Flash Player Helper fpb.tmp everytime when opening Internet Explorer.

However another problem occurs for me after allowing the red popup for Flash. As soon as I start browsing the computer gets a BSOD.

Here are the details of BSOD from BlueScreenView.

Bug Check String

BAD_POOL_HEADER

Bug Check Code: 0x00000019

Parameter 1: 00000000`00000020

Parameter 2: fffffa80`0204f000

Parameter 3: fffffa80`0204f330

Parameter 4: 00000000`04330000

Caused By Driver: OADriver.sys

Caused By Address: OADriver.sys+4540

Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0"

Apart from this issue Online Armor is great. Firefox is my default browser so I will to stick with Online Armor for now but I hope I can find a solution as I do make use of Internet Explorer also :)

So for the current time being while not ideal I will not launch Internet Explorer as it is rendered

completely unusable as Online Armor will BSOD my computer everytime I try to use it.

I am sure the OA dev (andrewf) would really appreciate seeing the minidump file from the BSOD.

If you still have it could you either attach it here in a post or pm it to him (you may have to zip it first to attach and press the 'more reply options' button)

Well how about that I posted in this thread thinking this was related to Flash and OA because as soon as I allowed the red Flash popup I would get the BSOD but no you are absolutely right andrewf It is between OA and the Avast WebRep plugin for IE which was the problem.

I uninstalled the plugin for IE and now no BSOD. OA now even remembers my decision regarding the red popup I used to get everytime.

Thank you for solving my problem and to stapp also.

btw, if you have a "Not Trusted" (red) entry for fpb.tmp (at some location) in programs then a new fpb.tmp (at a different location, but with the same hash) would be marked "Not Trusted" too. To avoid this you should not have any "Not Trusted" entries for fpb.tmp in programs.

I did have that thanks and yes I decided to mark it as Trusted to avoid any conflicts.

I also like this user http://support.emsis...ked/#entry47868 am starting to accumulate a number of the fpb.tmp entries but I can live with that. I was going to delete the older greyed out entries of the same fpb.tmp periodically but have found out deleting those I would get the popup again.