Sign in to follow this  
Smerdlap

Online Armor problem shutting down

Hi, I am using Online Armor 5.5.0.1557 Free edition on Windows 7 x64.

My computer takes a very long time to shut down (over 4 minutes). I think the problem is due to Online Armor for two reasons:

1. If I right-click on Online Armor and choose "Close and Shutdown Online Armor", then Windows is able to shut down within seconds.

2. I followed the guide here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140247-trace-windows-7-bootshutdownhibernatestandbyresume-issues/

and determined the following:

User and system sessions take about 8 seconds to shut down. The remainder, about 236 seconds is due to kernel services shutting down:

<timing servicesShutdownDuration="5007" shutdownTime="244722">

<perSessionInfo>

+<sessionShutdown duration="3035" endTime="3181" startTime="146" sessionID="1">

+<sessionShutdown duration="5007" endTime="8782" startTime="3775" sessionID="0">

SvcOnlineArmor is deemed to be unresponsive:

<unresponsiveServices numUnresponsiveServices="1"> <unresponsiveService name="SvcOnlineArmor"/> </unresponsiveServices>

It looks like SvcOnlineArmor / oasrv.exe never finishes (endedAt = -1):

<serviceTransition name="SvcOnlineArmor" endedAt="-1" firstCheckpointedAt="3803" startedAt="3803" container="oasrv.exe (1684)" processingTimeDelta="9223372033051" firstCheckpointTimeDelta="0" totalTransitionTimeDelta="9223372033051" transition="stop" group=""/>

I see your forum profile lists that you also have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed. Do you have any other security software? Is MBAM registered with an id and key and running real-time protection?

I do not have any other security software.

MBAM is not registered and I only use it as a standalone tool, not for real-time monitoring. It was actually 41 days out of date until I just ran it.

OK, we'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Open Online Armor, go to 'Options' in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode (just above the "Run Safety Check Wizard", restart your computer (Debug Mode will not be enabled until after your computer is restarted), and then try a normal shutdown. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs) and attach it to a reply for me. Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to "Send To", and clicking on "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

If the file it too large to attach to a reply, then let me know, and I will send you a private message with instructions on how to get it to us. ;)

Sorry, as soon as I turned on Debug mode and restarted, one of my hard disks suddenly died (the computer was slow and practically unusable with the disk plugged in) so I haven't been able to get the info yet...

I think this was just a coincidence.

Alas...

I ended up uninstalling Online Armor when I had my hard drive crash because I thought Online Armor debug mode was causing my computer to be slow.

After I unplugged the dead hard drive, I tried reinstalling Online Armor but I'm unable to reproduce the slow shutdown bug with the new installation.

Online Armor is working well again. If I see a problem again I will try the Debug option and let you know.

OK. It's possible that a failing hard drive combined with one of Online Armor's drivers was the cause of the issue. Let us know if you have any further trouble. ;)