Sign in to follow this  
trujwin

Three other problems

Thanks for the correspondence anyway. I have listed other occasional events which you may choose to look into for the next update.

1.Ability to keep the trusted box in yellow color(Untrust). Once a person ticks that checkbox it inevitably goes only between Green (Trust) or Red (Distrust).

2.Sometimes the names listed in the computer list against IP address and MAC gets erroneous incase one Network computer is shutdown and another takes its place. OA carries it with the previously listed name. Might be there should be frequent polling and represent the actual and accurate list. The addtion of computer is immediately notified , but when one PC leaves the network it takes much time for OA to remove it from the list.

3. Hide inactive network checkbox seems greyed out .

1.Ability to keep the trusted box in yellow color(Untrust). Once a person ticks that checkbox it inevitably goes only between Green (Trust) or Red (Distrust).

This is working as intended. The yellow colouring means that the interface is still the using default trust settings that were automatically applied to it and the user hasn't manually changed them since then. When you manually change them, you either tick the Trust box if it's not already ticked (resulting in a green Trusted interface), or you untick the Trust box (resulting in a red "Not Trusted" interface).

2.Sometimes the names listed in the computer list against IP address and MAC gets erroneous incase one Network computer is shutdown and another takes its place. OA carries it with the previously listed name. Might be there should be frequent polling and represent the actual and accurate list. The addtion of computer is immediately notified , but when one PC leaves the network it takes much time for OA to remove it from the list.

Do you have "Enable active subnet scan" ticked? This option updates the list more frequently.

3. Hide inactive network checkbox seems greyed out .

Do you connect to multiple networks? This will only becomes active when Online Armor has seen more than one network. For example, if you connect to your home network and then go to work and connect to a different network there.

In future, please create one thread per issue to avoid confusing questions and replies about multiple issues in the one thread. Thanks in advance.

This is working as intended. The yellow colouring means that the interface is still the using default trust settings that were automatically applied to it and the user hasn't manually changed them since then. When you manually change them, you either tick the Trust box if it's not already ticked (resulting in a green Trusted interface), or you untick the Trust box (resulting in a red "Not Trusted" interface).

That is if a person is not sure whether to trust or untrust would he able to revert back to the basic Non-committed state.If each option has its own inbuilt features I thought may be it could be offered as a choice too.

Do you have "Enable active subnet scan" ticked? This option updates the list more frequently.

Yes I do have that enabled.

Do you connect to multiple networks? This will only becomes active when Online Armor has seen more than one network. For example, if you connect to your home network and then go to work and connect to a different network there.

In future, please create one thread per issue to avoid confusing questions and replies about multiple issues in the one thread. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I do connect to a different network at times. But say I want to find out what was the network I earlier connected to , I would not be able to tick off the box and find out.

As these issues pertained to the Firewall >> Network etc I had put it in the same thread. Next time will be careful. :mellow:

That is if a person is not sure whether to trust or untrust would he able to revert back to the basic Non-committed state.If each option has its own inbuilt features I thought may be it could be offered as a choice too.

Since this one sounds like a feature request I'd suggest you create a new thread for it in the Feedback/Comments/Suggestions section of the forum.

There isn't actually any non-committed state though. The interface is still either Trusted or Not-Trusted regardless of whether it's coloured yellow or not.

Yes I do have that enabled.

Please start a new thread in Customer Support section here about this specific problem then so that Emsisoft can address your concerns more easily and look into whether this is a bug or not.

Yeah I do connect to a different network at times. But say I want to find out what was the network I earlier connected to , I would not be able to tick off the box and find out.

If you have previously connected to two or more networks with OA installed, this option should be available. It should only be unavailable if OA has only ever seen one network. For example, if you install OA, and connect to your home network, then later go to work and connect to the network there, the option should now have become available and allow you to view (the currently inactive) home network. It is possible perhaps that in the Free version this feature isn't available at all (I really have no idea). Assuming it's available though, if this option isn't working for you it may be a bug. I suggest you start a new thread here in the Customer Support section for this specific issue so that Emsisoft can discuss it with you :)