Browser excluded from Application Rules: Surf Protection not working?

Hello,

I have an old notebook (Intel Centrino) with Windows XP SP3. Using the browser Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome), EAM slows startup of the browser and the opening of new tabs. I found that this slowdown is due to the Behavior Blocker, and I think it is related to the multi-process nature of the browser. So I excluded the process "dragon.exe" in the Application Rules, and there is no slowdown, but in this case I found out not to be protected by the Surf Protection module.

Why does the exclusion in the Application Rules also disable the Surf Protection? Is it a bug or an expected behavior? Aren't the Application Rules only related to the Behaviour Blocker module? I expected to be still protected by File Guard and Surf Protection, isn't that true?

I think that EAM is a good program but needs improvements, especially in performance: in addition to these slowdowns, I have experienced many slowdowns during the installation of new programs and the elimination of a bunch of executables.

Thank you.

I have an old notebook (Intel Centrino) with Windows XP SP3. Using the browser Comodo Dragon (based on Chrome), EAM slows startup of the browser and the opening of new tabs. I found that this slowdown is due to the Behavior Blocker, and I think it is related to the multi-process nature of the browser. So I excluded the process "dragon.exe" in the Application Rules, and there is no slowdown, but in this case I found out not to be protected by the Surf Protection module.

Which is to be expected given the fact that the surf protection is part of the behavior blocker. By excluding processes in the behavior blocker (which equals the process to not being monitored at all) you will disable surf protection for that process as well.

I think that EAM is a good program but needs improvements, especially in performance: in addition to these slowdowns, I have experienced many slowdowns during the installation of new programs and the elimination of a bunch of executables.

Switching the File Guard to only scan files before they are executed and excluding DLL files from the list of scanned extensions should greatly speed up your general performance and is actually recommended in case you have a low grade CPU (like many notebook and netbook CPUs like the Intel Centrino and Atom CPU series) or little amounts of memory.