pwlngs

Command Line Scanner

hay guys, i have been using the command line scanner with Emsisoft Anti-malware to automaticly remove threats with a schedualed task to run a .bat file. but for some reason Heuristics scan mode will not enable on over half the computers I run this on, same thing with Emsisoft Emergency Kit, here is the command I have been using;

a2cmd.exe /deep /a /h /r /q=C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\Quarantine /l=C:\SPC\emsisoftlogs

This will enable heuristics on some computers and on others it remains off...

Any ideas?

Thank you

Caleb

Hello Caleb,

do you use on any computer the same commandline scanner version? The newest version is 6.5.0.4.

Do you use on any computer the same windows version and servicepack? If not on what windows versions the heuristic is not working?

cd C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware

a2cmd.exe /update

a2cmd.exe /deep /a /h /r /q=C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\Quarantine /l=C:\SPC\emsisoftlogs

above is my enite emsisoft.bat file that i target

the install path is C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware, so far using the install path C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware i have had no luck getting heuristics to enable but if I use the EmsisoftEmergencykit scanner with C:\spc\EmsisoftEmergencykit scanner\run\a2cmd.exe /deep /a /h /r /q=C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\Quarantine /l=C:\SPC\emsisoftlogs; It will enable on about 50% of the computers with the Emergency Kit, none with Emsisoft Antimalware. And it does need to be enabled other wise it wont remove the conficker virus thats flooding all my networks =/

Thank you

Caleb

I dont know if you are still reviewing this post but what is ADS? and how would i turn it on? it shows up right below heuristics in the cmd scanner.

Thank you

Caleb

hay guys, i have been using the command line scanner with Emsisoft Anti-malware to automaticly remove threats with a schedualed task to run a .bat file. but for some reason Heuristics scan mode will not enable on over half the computers I run this on, same thing with Emsisoft Emergency Kit, here is the command I have been using;

This will enable heuristics on some computers and on others it remains off...

Any ideas?

Thank you

Caleb

Sergey Kazitsin reports that heuristics scan has been removed from the latest versions of Emsisoft products.

See here.