Fabian Wosar

Server move and forum software upgrade

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have noticed the little downtime today. During the downtime we upgraded the board software from version 3.2.3 to 3.3.2 and moved the entire board to a new, more powerful server. The new board software has quite a few new features and optimizations and the new server allows us to finally enable and enforce SSL encryption for the entire forum. If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to report them :).

@ ¥akuza112

Personal choice.

Testing with Opera......

Upload skipped File too big to upload... max set at 2MB

Testing with small pic.... that works.

So IE is the problem

Sorry Fabian forgot to say I'm using 32bit IE9 but it doesn't work in the 64bit version either.

Any ideas why I seem to be having this problem with IE9 and not Opera?

No idea. I disabled HTTPS now for testing (only the login and registration are run through an encrypted connection now). Does it work now? If it still doesn't work, can you maybe create a Fiddler log?

It looks like the Toggle Editing Mode is finally fixed in this version (it no longer seems to revert back to RTE)! :)

why you use a such unsecure Browser .. ;-)
A browser is as safe as its user (as long as you make sure you keep it updated as well as any used add-ons). You can use ten different security extensions, if you visit or download things from sites that you better should stay away from, you still can infect a computer without any sort of problem with even the most safest browser.

Now the only thing they need to change is making file attachment options available in the quick reply window or alternatively make quick reply optional again ;).

I disabled HTTPS now for testing (only the login and registration are run through an encrypted connection now).

Hello Fabian, is HTTPS still disabled? Because I'm not seeing it at the moment on Firefox 13

Impossible to log in from Android phone (Android 2.1 - Blame Sony Ericsson that i´m stuck on that build, not me <_< )

Getting warning about invalid certificate and connection is cut.

When HTTPS was first enabled 100% it was not possible to load site at all on Android.

Now the mentioned problem is just when trying to log in. (and a few random times when browsing as guest)

No problem on Win7 x64 (IE9 x64)

Martin

@MMNC I just tested the browser I've come to enjoy using when others have difficulty logging in to forums. I am running ICS but the browser will support Android 2.1.

You might want to give it a try? It's called Boat Browser here's a link to it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boatbrowser.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ib2F0YnJvd3Nlci5mcmVlIl0.

Not sure if thats available in your country via google play. But see if it will work for you, if you can get it.

Good luck.