josephjreardon

"Setup unable to create C:\Program Files (x86) Emsi-soft Anti-malware\Quarantine

I've decided to retry to load the latest release of Emsisoft Anti-Malware after leaving it alone for several months when I tried to update to a new release. I have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit with all updates applied. I run Comido Antivirus Version 5.10.228257.2253 and the Microsoft Firewall. Last time I uninstalled the previous version of Emsisoft Anti-malware, it left the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-malware\Quarantine and I have been unable to delete it. I get the error message that access is denied stating that "You require permission from the computer administrator to make changes to this folder". When trying to give permission through the properties access and using the security tab it shows unknown owner and I am not allowed to do give mu account permision even though I am the system administrator. When I attempt to install your latest download today (June 13, 2012) your setup program states "Setup was unable to create the file directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-ma;ware\Quarantine Error 5: Access is denied" I have run your emsiclean utility but this did not help. How can I remove this directory so your set up can run?

Jerry Reardon

Did you try running emsiclean in safe mode, and Right click on the .exe & Run as Administrator (Has more privilages than Sys. Admin.- I do this with All cleaners...)?

I try to remember to empty Quarantine/reboot, Before uninstalling Any AV.

On 6/13/2012 at 11:00 PM, scottls1 said:

Did you try running emsiclean in safe mode, and Right click on the .exe & Run as Administrator (Has more privilages than Sys. Admin.- I do this with All cleaners...)?

I try to remember to empty Quarantine/reboot, Before uninstalling Any AV.

Are you using the Latest New emsiclean?From another post by Christian Peters (I'd still Run as Admin, in Safe Mode!?)-

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Hello,

please download our new cleaning utility from: https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip to your desktop.

Next run the EmsiClean.exe file on your desktop. Confirm the disclaimer. Then press "Close Emsisoft Clean". On your desktop there is a logfile "EmsiClean_Date_Time" created. Attach this file to the posting please (button "More Reply Options" right below).

~~~~~~

Followup-

Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM

Hello,

Please run EmsiClean again and tick on all entries. Then press "Remove Selected Objects". If they was removed reboot computer.

Now please run the new setup file for version Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5.0.11 again. You can download the newest setup file from https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/download/ .

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Christian Peters [support]

Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.