ryerman

/f scan parameter seems to malfunction in CLS version 6.5.0.6

Product: Command Line Scanner version 6.5.0.6, obtained by online update of EEK version 2.0.0.7

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, SP1

Other Security: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Windows Firewall, KeyScrambler plugin for Firefox version 2.9.1.0

Here is a Windows bat file that I have used successfully to scan folders with version 5.0.0.19 of the Commandline Scanner.

pushd %1
"C:\somepath\a2cmd.exe" /f=. /h /r /a /n /log="C:\logpath\Log.txt"
popd
if not errorlevel 1 goto end
notepad "C:\path\Malware Notification.txt"
:end
pause

The first 3 lines are a workaround suggested by Fabian Wosar (here) to allow scanning in folders with a comma in the pathname.

Now, with CLS version 6.5.0.6, no files are scanned. The same with version 6.5.0.5.

Is /f=. no longer supported or is this a bug in the /f scan parameter?

Also, /h is ignored completely. Heuristics: On/Off is not shown in the scan log. Version 6.5.0.5 showed Heuristics: Off, even when /h was used.

Thanks for your attention.

Is /f=. no longer supported or is this a bug in the /f scan parameter?

the workaround suggested by Fabian cannot be applied to current version of the command line scanner. i'll improve parameters parsing in next build of the scanner, and it will able to handle paths with commas correctly.

Also, /h is ignored completely. Heuristics: On/Off is not shown in the scan log. Version 6.5.0.5 showed Heuristics: Off, even when /h was used.

heuristic scan was completely removed in the latest versions of all of our products.

heuristic scan was completely removed in the latest versions of all of our products.

OK, thanks for that information. I suggest that /h scan option should be removed from the online documentation. :)

... i'll improve parameters parsing in next build of the scanner, and it will able to handle paths with commas correctly.

That is very good news.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

... I suggest that /h scan option should be removed from the online documentation. :)

Thank you, this option was removed from online help today.