OneMoreRidiculousAccount

Failure to uninstall, failure to repair - NO REPAIR OPTION

7 posts in this topic

So here's what I want to do: Uninstall this software which, for some odd reason, will not start on my computer.

Uninstall Message:

Messages file "C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

Download the software, and attempt to install a "new copy of the program:"

It appears a version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware is already installed on your system. Please uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware and reboot before trying to run this setup again.

If you are sure you don't have Emsisoft Anti-Malware currently installed, please contact our support: http://support.emsisoft.com

Look, when I run virtually every other installer, and it notices the program is already installed, it asks if I want to repair it or uninstall it.

I guess I'm a little irate that these options are unavailable when it comes to your installer. So how do I remove it manually, since your installer refuses to fix it and your uninstaller refuses to uninstall it?

Oh ... I think I know how to remove it manually. It's probably close to a thousand steps, and requires tons and tons of checking on fine points, so it's better to use the uninstaller. Except the uninstaller's broken, and I can't fix it using an installer!

Hello,

We have a specialized uninstall tool in case the shipped uninstaller for some reason doesn't work. You can download it here:

http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe

After you downloaded the tool, just run it. Read the disclaimer carefully and press "Yes" if you accept it. The tool will then show a list of all Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Mamutu objects it found installed on your system. Simply enable the check boxes of all objects you want to remove. Be careful with objects of type "Folder" though and check their contents before selecting them for removal, as they may still contain data that you may want to save first. Then press the "Remove selected objects" button and reboot when asked.

Hello,

We have a specialized uninstall tool in case the shipped uninstaller for some reason doesn't work. You can download it here:

http://tmp.emsisoft....w/emsiclean.exe

After you downloaded the tool, just run it. Read the disclaimer carefully and press "Yes" if you accept it. The tool will then show a list of all Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Mamutu objects it found installed on your system. Simply enable the check boxes of all objects you want to remove. Be careful with objects of type "Folder" though and check their contents before selecting them for removal, as they may still contain data that you may want to save first. Then press the "Remove selected objects" button and reboot when asked.

I will try the tool and edit this post to let you know how it goes. Thank you!

On the new version Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0.0.4985 of the tool does not work.

8069784Przechwytywanie.PNG

You have to manually delete the folder:

1584991Przechwytywanie.PNG

Regards.

It is advised that you uninstall through built-in Windows applet.

It is advised that you uninstall through built-in Windows applet.

Yes I did. Except that on previous versions emsiclean.exe even remove some trash, residues (Program Data). Now you do not.

Yes I did. Except that on previous versions emsiclean.exe even remove some trash, residues (Program Data). Now you do not.

At no point did Emsiclean remove any data files in the locations you mentioned.