What are the new components downloaded

Hi,

Often there is the systray alert of some new components of OA being downloaded and installed. I suppose they are basic enhancements to the program structure? Threat signatures , I can understand but there are no clues about the new components in OA changelogs.

Hi trujwin,

The "new version of Online Armor components" message will appear when the threat database is updated as well as on occasions where a whole new version of OA is downloaded..

I believe each is a separate message clearly indicated as threat database or new components. Components might have to do with OA program structure?

There are two messages but the components message will be shown even when a threat database update occurs without a program update. You can see this by right clicking the OA icon and choosing "Check for Updates" - > Signatures and Rules Only. This action involves no updates to the program structure itself, only the signatures it uses (threat database, rules etc) but you will see a components message as well as a threat database message when doing this.

As a side note, all updates to the program itself are noted on the changelog (accessible via the GUI's Status page). You can also refer to this page http://www.emsisoft.com/a2/changelog/oa/ which lists every time there is a signature update, component change etc.