qwerty

Questions regarding purchase of Online Armor Premium.

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the current situation of Online Armor license keys.

1) Can keys be used with any version of OA, or only the latest version? (If only the latest, how long after release, does an update become mandatory?)

2) Is support given to Premium users of previous versions?

3) Is there any way to upgrade/install the latest version of OA without losing the web filtering functionality?

4) If not, is there any chance that you would release the Web Filter as a small, standalone utility? I think it might be very popular, considering that, as well as it's primary function of enhancing security, it also saves bandwidth and speeds webpage loading, with the bonus that it also blocks the most aggressive ads, and anything can be unblocked with a single click. There is no other software that provides that functionality. It works so well and is so intuitive and easy to use, that it would be a great advert for your company, and very popular, I'm sure.

5) When purchasing a key, does it act like a rolling contract, with automatic renewal every year, or is manual renewal required?

6) Why is a name and delivery address required for something that won't be delivered?

Thank you.

1) Can keys be used with any version of OA, or only the latest version? (If only the latest, how long after release, does an update become mandatory?)

It depends. Keys that were bought before Online Armor 5.5 was released can still be used with old Online Armor versions, as those keys were generated by the old licensing system. All keys since then are generated by the new licensing system, so the old system used by Online Armor versions prior to 5.5 doesn't recognize them. We will eventually disable the old Online Armor licensing systems completely at one point as well, making it impossible to activate any older Online Armor versions no matter what key you have.

2) Is support given to Premium users of previous versions?

For anything that goes beyond simple comprehension questions you will be asked to upgrade.

3) Is there any way to upgrade/install the latest version of OA without losing the web filtering functionality?

No.

4) If not, is there any chance that you would release the Web Filter as a small, standalone utility? I think it might be very popular, considering that, as well as it's primary function of enhancing security, it also saves bandwidth and speeds webpage loading, with the bonus that it also blocks the most aggressive ads, and anything can be unblocked with a single click. There is no other software that provides that functionality. It works so well and is so intuitive and easy to use, that it would be a great advert for your company, and very popular, I'm sure.

There are no plans for that.

5) When purchasing a key, does it act like a rolling contract, with automatic renewal every year, or is manual renewal required?

There are no automatic renewals.

6) Why is a name and delivery address required for something that won't be delivered?

We are using Cleverbridge to process all our sales. So you may want to ask them why they ask for those information:

http://www.cleverbri...customersupport