fotyc

Having problems with oasrv

Resurrecting this topic because I am also having problems with oasrv. When I start my computer from off, before I even enter my Windows password something starts to run and eat the CPU, such that it takes forever to bring up the desktop. When my utility opens I can see that my 2ghz CPU is running at 396mhz and that the load is 100%, totally slammed. The process that seems to be using the most resources (60% or above) is oasrv.exe. I shut down OA and this process did not stop. Why would this service not only start before Windows starts, but hammer the CPU like that? When I restart the computer, it usually does not recur.

System: Windows XP, 2ghz CPU, Avast antivirus (I have gone and excluded the OA programs from each shield as recommended above but have not yet done a cold start with this configuration). I was running Spyware Terminator but uninstalled it as I thought its update process might be upsetting OA - no good.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Avast to see if it was somehow upset. I uninstalled and reinstalled OA (but did not reboot twice... what does that do?). No good. I would like to sort this and continue using this good firewall. Any advice would be appreciated.

The attached is the log file from this morning, up until you can see I disabled OA. There is no indication there of what oasrv is doing as far as I can see. It doesn't look any different from the log generated after I restarted.

While you wait for someone from Emsisoft to help you, you could try to update Online Armor Firewall to latest version 5.5.0.1616.

Avast antivirus (I have gone and excluded the OA programs from each shield as recommended above but have not yet done a cold start with this configuration).

In the past I experienced similar issues when the whole Avast folder was not excluded in OA. Perhaps...