OA + VirtualBox with bridged connection?

Hi! I've been trying to get a couple of Virtualbox VMs running with a bridged network connection for the past couple of days with no real luck. My host is Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, and the VMs are Ubuntu and Linux Mint. I actually seemed to have a bit of luck with Mint -- I can ping IP addresses successfully, and I can visit sites by IP address just fine. However, domain resolution doesn't work!

I've traced the problem down to OA (on the host). If I disable the "OA Helper Driver" under my network adapter, everything works beautifully. As soon as I re-enable it, DNS fails again. I've tried using both my router's DNS as well as public DNS without any luck. It's as if the request isn't going through or completing.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get bridged networking set up, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this working! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The problem is not on our end. We tried to approach the VirtualBox developers multiple times over the past years without even as much as an acknowledgement that the problem exists. It's not an incompatibility with Online Armor only either. When you look through the VirtualBox bug tracker you will find a whole list of applications the VirtualBox networking has troubles with. Newer versions of Online Armor won't even install if the VirtualBox bridged networking driver is found installed on the system.

Thanks so much for your reply Fabian! That's a real shame about VB - I see what you mean about the long list of incompatible apps. You'd think they could get their act together!

Do you know if bridged networking in VMware is any better? If it is, I suppose I could switch over to that. Thanks again!