JWC

Why are sigs in EAM & OA++ so different?

Just updated both and compared the sigs.... big differences in sizes as seen in screenshot.

I'd think that there would be a single source for sigs used for both EAM & OA++.

I'd updated EAM, sync'ed EAM to OA then updated OA++ basically to reset the update date and saw a large download.

I compared the files, saw the large number of differences and updated EAM again but was told it was up-to-date.

So the source can't be the same.

Since OA++ uses an older version of our engine, and since it has been discontinued, the signatures may not alway be the same as the ones for EAM.

Actually they are the same sigs, it's just that there's a time delay/difference.

I tested the updates again just now and it took about 10 minutes longer before I could get OA to 'catch up' to EAM.

Putting it another way, the sig files for July 6th & 7th were on EAM but even with repeated (5) update attempts in OA, those files were downloaded to OA only after 10 minutes had passed.

I assume that there's a difference due to different servers and the timing of their updates before I get mine.

They may be the same now, but because OA++ is about to be discontinued we cannot guarantee that there will not occasionally be variations in the signatures when compared to EAM.