blue.lake

EAM still pops up during every scan...

Despite scans being set to silent mode, every time my scheduled scan begins Anti-Malware pops up in my face on my screen and has to be minimized to get it out of the way. I thought putting it in silent mode disabled that behavior. It is very annoying, especially when working on something important and if the silent mode isn't designed to provide that option some other check box should be to keep the scan box minimized or completely invisible.

Does anyone else have this complaint about this behavior?

Does anyone else have this complaint about this behavior?

I'm on W7-64 and the scheduled scans are 'silent' on my system. I specified a Custom scanset for a (Deep) Scan of all drives. The only visible activity that the scan is running is an extra, animated, icon in the systray. But, since nothing is found to report, there's no pop up .

When the window on your system pops up, is something listed as potential malware?

I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. No, it is not showing any problems during the scan. I have since re-installed my OS and all programs including Anti-Malware since my earlier post and set the scans as silent. It is a scheduled scan for 10am each morning. Right at 10am the Emsisoft Anti-Malware scanning UI pops-up and I get to witness the scan in process. I can minimize it of course but the fact I have silent scan checked should prevent this from happening I assumed.