Deny

Slow boot up

I use Online Armor on 2 computers: Win7 64x and Vista 32x and i've notice very slow boot up on both computer.

On Win7 64x is even worse than on Vista 32x. I've attached screeshot to this post from Soluto.

Once it take 50 second and another time 80 second but everything what is above 30 second should be consider as piece of software that slow down computer.

Once is everything loaded i do not see any issue but boot up and shut down of computer take a long time and i hope that team behind Emsisoft will do something about it in future.

Thanks

Hi Deny,

From your screenshot it looks like you are running an old version of OA. I would recommend updating to the latest version, available from here http://www.emsisoft....oftware/oa/ If you still have problems, please provide the information requested here http://support.emsis...pport-requests/ so that someone can assist you further. Thanks in advance :)

Hi Deny,

From your screenshot it looks like you are running an old version of OA. I would recommend updating to the latest version, available from here http://www.emsisoft....oftware/oa/��If you still have problems, please provide the information requested here http://support.emsis...pport-requests/ so that someone can assist you further. Thanks in advance :)

I'm running last version 5.5.0.1616. At least i hope that it is last version. Not sure why Soluto show it as 5.1. Thanks for reply.

btw

All other security software that i run including OS that i use can be seen in my profile.

Yes, 5.5.0.1616 is the latest version so I assume Soluto is just misreporting the version number.

Have you added all your other security programs to OA's exclusions list and added OA to their exclusions list?

Yes, 5.5.0.1616 is the latest version so I assume Soluto is just misreporting the version number.

Have you added all your other security programs to OA's exclusions list and added OA to their exclusions list?

Yes, All other security programs are added to OA exclusions list and OA is added to their exclusions list.

This is just a a long shot, but if you have a browser based on Chromium as your default browser, it will result in long boot times if OA is installed.

Other than this, I don't know much about F-Secure Workstation but from what I can see written about it here http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/products/desktops/features it seems to have some kind of HIPS of it's own which may cause problems with OA. Of course the issue with slow boot may not be related to your other security programs, but if I was having the same trouble, disabling all other realtime security programs to see what effect it may have would be the first thing I'd check.

I have finally uninstalled OA from my win-7 64 system. I have tried everything but it slow down boot time for more than 2 minutes. Nothing help and i'm start to believe that it is OA issue with 64 based system because on my other 32 based system i do not have issue.

I don't notice any major slowdown issues in my 64-bit testing environments. Does the same slowdown issue happen if you right-click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon in the System Tray and uncheck the "Start with Windows" option?

I don't notice any major slowdown issues in my 64-bit testing environments. Does the same slowdown issue happen if you right-click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon in the System Tray and uncheck the "Start with Windows" option?

This is what i did, Uninstalling OA complettely then restarting 2x and after uninstalling OA boot up is again fast.

Then installing of OA again. Restart - 3x faster update than it was before. Second time restarting a bit slower,

Thirth time restarting and OA is back to old slow annoying time.

I have not tried unchecking Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.I will try it but i use same programs and same version of programs on my Vista32 system and there is not any  issue with boot up.

I have send you PM with link to log files. Hope that you will find what is wrong.

Acctually It does not make any difference. Disabling Malwarebyte's or enabling or anything else that i tried. More annoying comes black screen during booting for about 2 minutes and it is exactly time that OA take during booting. After 2 minutes comes regularly windows screen with loading of programs.

On my Vista 32bit i do not have any issue and use almost same programs as on Win764 bit ((F-secure, Malwarebytes, Winpatrol, Keyscrambler)

OK, I have sent the link to your logs to our developers, and I'll let you know if they need any more information. ;)

Hello Deny,

Sorry for delayed reply.

Can I ask you to uninstall MBAM, WinPatrol & KeyScrambler (checking the boot time after uninstall each of them) for testing purposes?

Thank you in advance,