bluevelvet

Free Antivirus compatible with online armor

Hi there i am new to this and not very savvy so please bear with me when i try to install Free Avg Antivirus it asks me to uninstall online armor before installing i am reluctant to do this as oa is my security is there a free antivirus out there that i can install without uninstalling OA or maybe someone can walk me thru if not. I have Avast but it is not working and i can,t uninstall it or remove it.

Have you tried avast!'s uninstall tool? Here's a link to the page detailing how to use the tool. You should be able to reinstall avast! after running it and restarting your computer. If you are not able to, then ask about it on their forums, as avast! would probably be more compatible than AVG.

Microsoft Security Essentials would most likely also work just fine. Since you have Online Armor, that should make up for the general lack of advanced features in Microsoft Security Essentials.

Try this:

Start "Services":

left-click on the "startbutton"

type "Services" in the run-window

select "Services" from the listed programs

right-click and select "run as admin" (you can skip this if you are using an ADMIN-account, if so then just left-click)

find Avast, click on that service and set it to disabled.

then try again to uninstall Avast.

Free Antivirus?

Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) works (of course)...

But there no realtime-protection in the free version.

MSE should work without any problem together with OA.

i´ve used EAM, MSE & Avast (yes, all 3 !) together for years without any problem at all.

But i can´t answer about Avast 7, because i´m now using Windows Server 2008-R2 as my primary O/S, and those two Avast 7-versions that i´ve tried created problems on WS2008-R2.

Avira have also worked well with OA previously, but i haven´t used Avira for years, so i don´t know about the latest version.

I have tried uninstalling Avast using Revo Uninstaller but still keep getting error messages.

avast! has a self-protection that prevents it from being removed. That would need to be disabled before trying to uninstall it via other means. Also, there is no guarantee that Revo Uninstaller will remove all parts of avast!, so I do recommend using the official uninstall tool (you will still need to disable the self-protection in avast! before it will uninstall it).

avast! has a self-protection that prevents it from being removed. That would need to be disabled before trying to uninstall it via other means. Also, there is no guarantee that Revo Uninstaller will remove all parts of avast!, so I do recommend using the official uninstall tool (you will still need to disable the self-protection in avast! before it will uninstall it).

You are correct.

But, bluevelvet said in the first post above: "I have Avast but it is not working and i can,t uninstall it or remove it."

Normally, you go to Avast´s settings and turn off the "self-protection" if you want to "kill" Avast, but when it´s not working...?

Then you´ll have to go into "Services" as i posted above.

I know, because i recently had exactly the same problem myself, trying to remove Avast....