Online Armor keeps blocking my all in one scanner

Hi Michelle,

Could you please provide the information requested here http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-49/announcement-11-information-to-include-in-your-support-requests/ including a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing. Simply saying OA is blocking Brother doesn't tell us whether it's blocking the program from starting, or just from internet access, or from something different altogether. Or whether you are seeing an error message etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry.

It's blocking me from scaning through the unit itself.

If I want to scan through the software I can.

Printing & copying works b/c that's not going through the hardware to the computer.

I did find the port area, the port #s were missing, I re-entered them & it's still not working : (

Thanks

Michelle

Unless for some reason your scanner needs internet access, entering ports wouldn't be relevant here. Have you checked History to see if any blocked entries are showing up when you try to scan? Are all entries relating to your scanner set to Trusted in the Programs list?

What version of Online Armor are you running? This information is also part of what is requested here http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-49/announcement-11-information-to-include-in-your-support-requests/

Ok, sorry once again, I was in a huge rush when I was responding.

Here's everything else...

1. XP proff. 32, SP3

2. OA vs. 5.5.0.1616 - Free

3. I have anti vira & did have MBAM, someone told me to uninstall it, now it's back on my computer.

I was on the phone with Brother today & she said that the firewall could be blocking the scanner. Last time it happened the techi said the same thing & when I entered in their ports, it worked, so it must have something to do with OA.

How do I find the entries to put them on the trusted list?

I'm still new to OA. I don't ever recolect telling OA to block Brother, that much I can say.

Thanks

Michelle

Did you take a look at the History section in OA to see if any blocked (red) entries are present there that look related to your scanner? We need to find out what exactly might be being blocked first so we can allow it again.

Also, just to be certain that the problem with your scanner is related to OA, you might want to right click the OA icon and choose "Close and Shutdown Online Armor", wait a minute and then try using your scanner to see if it will work. You can restart OA afterwards by finding it in your Start menu.

There's nothing showing up in the screenshot as blocked but that only shows a portion of the History. If you export the whole history and attach it here we can get a better idea.

Also take a look in the Programs section of Online Armor. Tick the "Hide trusted" box and see if you have any salmon coloured (unknown) entries showing up that are related to your scanner. If you see any there, click on them and choose "Trust". I'm not sure why your scanner would need internet access in order to scan something, but you can also take a look in the Firewall - Programs section and Firewall - Ports section and see if there are any red entries there that are related to your scanner.

It worked!!! Yippeee :)

I searched for brother in the programs seciton & it found 3 br entries. Even though it said allowed, once I trusted them it worked. Why doesn't "allowed" work?

Also when I tried to upload the csv file you wanted, the site said I couldn't :(

Thank you for all your help & have a lovely day.

Michelle