PCTools Free compatibility

Hey,

I am running OA free (latest version) on a Win 7 SP1 32 bits computer.

I was wondering if PC Tools Free AV is compatible with OA? I am assuming that I would need to exclude PC Tools free in OA settings and OA in PC Tools settings, but appart from that will they run well? As anyone already tried out this setup?

I have not tested Online Armor with software from PCTools, however Online Armor is designed to be able to work together with most anti-virus software. If there are issues, then the main program folder for PCTools can be added to the exclusions list in Online Armor, and I would imagine that PCTools has an exclusions list of some sort as well that you can use to exclude Online Armor's processes to help resolve any issues.

I have installed PC Tools Free and it appears that the two programs are not working well together, the boot time has increased and the computer freezes up whilst opening some programs and surfing the web. During the time in wich the computer is frozen PCTools service is the only one taking CPU OA appears to be sitting there doing nothing but I believe it is doing something because if I disable OA the problem is solved. Disabling PC Tools (and leaving OA enabled) also fixes the problem.

So, I would like to know what OA's files should I add to the exclusions in PCTools? PCTools only lets me add individual files and I can't add an entire folder to the exclusions. I have already added *.exe *.dll *.sys that are present in the Program files folder.

Is there anything I can add to PCtools exclusions any other files that are not in the program files folder? Anything in windows folder or so??

PS- I have added PCTools folder and sub folders to OA exclusions

Ok, after all, the problem persists even when Online Armor is prevented from booting up with windows (untick Launch OA in next startup), I guess this is a PCTools's only problem.

When I untick "Launch OA in next startup" the OA drivers and services are not loaded and thus it can not cause incompatibility, right?

Quick update, I uninstalled OA and PCTools, and re-installed PC Tools Free AV.

The problem persists with OA uninstalled, just does not occur that often for some reason OA increases the times that PCTools freezes the PC.

Well obviously PCTools is having some sort of problem, unrelated to OA, in my PC. - So the problem is unrelated with OA.

I have changed my AV to Unthreat Free and re-installed OA. :)

Thanks all for the assistance.