Sign in to follow this  
queenslander

CLOSED Banking Mode greyed out

After activating BM to visit my bank web site, I canceled BM but the window wouldn't close as it normally does when changing one of the settings in the GUI (is that what the little window is called?)

I had to click in another part of the browser window to get it to close.

A little later the error message that oasr.exi has encountered an error and needs to close.

So I closed down OAP and the browser to restart OA.

As a matter of interest I opened the GUI again to see if BM was available again - it was still greyed out.

After doing a restart of my computer, BM is still greyed out.

As a not very techical bod - - - H E E E L P please :)

More info

I wondered if some malware had been installed, so I opened the GUI again to run the Safety Wizard and noticed that I now have the free version instaled? instead of OA Premium.

The licence key is still available in the Satus window

Hi queenslander,

Banking Mode would become unavailable if the license expired, after which the software converts to the freeware version. Have you been expecting your license to expire recently or was there plenty of time left on it prior to the oaserv.exe crash you mentioned?

Hi catprinicess, my license shouldn't expire for another couple of weeks I believe - some time in August.

As you can see from the posting date, the crash happened in July.

If it has already expired, then I didn't get any notification of that.

How can I find the expiration date please?

The expiration date is usually seen in the GUI under Options - License but once it's expires and converts to the freeware version, it wouldn't be shown anymore since it's not applicable to the freeware version. I would guess that the license has expired from what you describe. Whether it should have or not, I don't know. It's possible that if the date on your computer was accidently altered, it may have affected it. In this case, correcting the date and reentering the license key under Options - License should fix it.

Have you ever signed up for a Customer Center account? If you have an account (or sign up for one) this gives you an alternative way to view your license details there after adding your license key to the account. It will show you the definite expiry date of the key and gives you renewal links etc.

Well bugger me!

My license expired on 30th July, and I would have put money on it expiring in Aug.

Bought a new one. Phew!

I do have a problem that there was no notification of imminent expiry though. Should there have been one, and how?

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction to find out what went wrong. It was fairly quick and not too hard for an "oldie" like me :)

How long does it take for OA Premium to be re-instated from the free version? I have run the Product and Signatures udates.

Reminder to self - get your filing system up to date.

Queenslander,

Open Options > License and click "To activate another key click here"

Select Premium and that's it.

Queenslander,

Open Options > License and click "To activate another key click here"

Select Premium and that's it.

:) who's clever boy then. Thank you for that info - it worked a treat and now I'm where I want to be.

Still a question for me - is there a "shortly to expire" notification, or is it up to us to keep an eye on things?

Still a question for me - is there a "shortly to expire" notification, or is it up to us to keep an eye on things?

You should receive email notifications when your license is due to expire. There should also be notifications from OA as the expiry date approaches. These would take place when an update check occurred, though if update notifications are disabled, I'm not sure if they would be displayed. They are only displayed for a certain amount of time, so If you didn't happen to be in front of the computer at the time they occurred you wouldn't notice them.

Unfortunately I can't be sure of why neither notification appears to have worked for you :(

Hi catprincess,

I can understand that I may have missed the OA notification, but not receiving the email is a bit of a worry.

There was a need to change my email address during the year, but my profile does show the correct one

I'll just have to put a reminder somewhere for next year, but hope that the necessary email happens next Aug :)

My thanks to you and "three fingered saluter" :) ctrlaltdelete for your help. :thumbs: