screeno

Chrome doesn't work with Sandboxie and OA

Same issue as gdiloren and tempnexus for me.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Chrome 21.0.1180.75, OA Free 5.5.0.1616 Updated today, and Sandboxie 3.72 (64-bit). I have to exclude the Chrome\Application folder in OA in order to get Chrome to work with OA and with Sandboxie.

I don't need the exclusion if I open Chrome outside of Sandboxie.

I dislike having to exclude my browser in OA, but I dislike running with Sandboxie even more.

So far, I have no been able to reproduce this in my own testing on 32-bit Windows 7, but now that I think about it I may be testing on the wrong platform. :lol:

I'm going to retest this on Windows 7 x64, and see if I can reproduce it there. If I can, then we will know that it is exclusive to a 64-bit environment (perhaps because Sandboxie works differently on 64-bit editions of Windows).

I have uninstalled OA until something changes that allows me to not have to exclude the Chrome\Application folder in OA.

I appreciate your testing efforts, Arthur, and look forward to hearing what you learned.

I dislike having to exclude my browser in OA, but I dislike running with Sandboxie even more.

In my original post I wrote that I "dislike running with Sandboxie even more".

That was a typo that I cannot edit.

It should have said, "I dislike running without Sandboxie even more".

OK, my testing on Friday reproduced the issue, and I sent logs and memory dumps to our developers. I have since received word that they have identified the problem, and that it should be fixed in the next release of Online Armor.