max1790

ShimCacheMutex

I have a similar problem as tazman01 had 2012-03-24:

\BaseNamedObjects\ShimCacheMutex wants to start another process ...<fullpath>\GoogleUpdate.exe

Which sounds OK but ShimCacheMutex is still an unknown program to Online-Armor

I followed EmiSoft Support employee Arthur Wilkinson's [support/Quality Assurance] March 28 advice and ran OTL

attached are OTL.txt, Extras.txt, screenshot.bmp

I have asked our developers for some input on this.

If this ShimCacheMutex thing is a file, then I will need a full path and file name to look it up. Would it be possible for you to get a screenshot of this message, and attach it to a reply? Just in case you need them, here's a link to some instructions on copying and pasting, and you can access the attachment controls by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type your reply.

Edit: Also, please let us know what version of Windows your computer is running, and what Service Pack is installed, as well as what other security software is running on this computer.

Our developers want to see some logs. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem (whatever causes this notification to appear). After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.