Umbra

EAM v7 Beta new engine

Q1?- Does this mean that EAM V6 Is or Is not holding all signatures in RAM with default settings?

It is not. The optimization was included in EAM 3.x if I remember correctly and has been on by default since then. The option to disable the optimization has been added just recently.

Q2?- If the answer= Is not- How much RAM would the 7.4million... signatures use (I'm W7 32bit- 4gigs of RAM, and 2.61gigs Physical available)?

Around 200 - 250 MB of RAM which is pretty much the amount every single AV uses unless it pages the signatures out or hides them in memory areas that can't be easily checked by the user.

Q2a?- What would the Performance increase"s" be...?

There are almost none unless you have a particularly slow hard disk so that paging in paged out signatures takes an excessive amount of time. If you do have a slow hard disk (for example in your Laptop) you will see a drastic increase of general responsiveness when disabling the option.

@ Fabian

How close is final release of EAM 7, any estimated time frame please :unsure:

Also will Online Armor get a GUI colour makeover at same time.

Thanks in advance for any information.

There is no official ETA yet for the final release of EAM 7 (at least none that I am aware of). Right now, our developers are working very hard to get it done as soon as possible, so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. ;)

There is no official ETA yet for the final release of EAM 7 (at least none that I am aware of). Right now, our developers are working very hard to get it done as soon as possible, so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. ;)

Thanks Arthur I very much appreciate your time and reply.

Look forward to release when ready.

Check This :

http://threatcenter.crdf.fr/?Stats

Why Emsisoft only in the 18th places? :blink:

Hello,

they use the stable version EAM 6 (Emsisoft Engine + Ikarus Engine) and not the EAM 7 beta (Emsisoft Engine + Bitdefender Engine) on this site.

I see that Emsisoft is #18 (by 21%) and Ikarus is #19 (by 21%), Do not think the effects of Emsisoft Engine (Signature) is very low (= 0)?

18 Emsisoft 21 % (53 threats detected on 251).

19 Ikarus 21 % (53 threats detected on 251).

I see that Emsisoft is #18 (by 21%) and Ikarus is #19 (by 21%), Do not think the effects of Emsisoft Engine (Signature) is very low (= 0)?

Pars, we are off topic. Please open a new topic for a Emsisoft Engine detection rate discussion.

I'm sorry to say I regret having enabled the installation of beta versions.

Since then I'm having reboots, blue screens, etc.

How can I go back to the officiel release?

Uninstall and reinstall?

Is a cleanup necessary? (for instance with registry keys)

TIA!

Hello,

yes please uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 in your windows control panel section software. Then please reboot your computer. Download a new setupfile Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.6.0.4 from http://www.emsisoft.de/de/software/antimalware/download/ and save the setupfile to your computer. Double-click the file and follow the steps in the install wizard. Use your existing licensekey to activate the software during the install process.

If you have any more questions please contact us again.