Sign in to follow this  
Stalker90

Emergency Kit Update problem all day

Hello.When i go to update its signatures,he update a base but it write that Ikarus sognatures could not be updated.The update server is currently unavailable.So looks like that Ikarus server have problem.When this will be fixed?

Do you know how to use Fiddler? It will allow you to create a log of network communication between the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and the update servers by setting the EEK to use Fiddler as a proxy while Fiddler is running.

I'm going to write some instructions for this, in case you don't know how to use Fiddler. I'll post them as soon as I have them done. ;)

Please download and install Fiddler 2 from this link (this is the version that requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0), and then follow the instructions below:

1. After installing Fiddler, please open it from the Start Menu.
  2. Launch the Emsisoft Emergency Kit via the EmergencyKitScanner batch file.
  3. Go to Configuration in the menu on the left.
  4. Select the Update tab.
  5. Click on the Connection settings link in the lower-right corner.
  6. Check the box that says Use proxy server.
  7. Enter localhost in the Proxy server field, and then enter 8888 in the port field.
  8. Click 'OK'.
  9. Go back to the Menu on the left, and select Security Status.
  10. Click on the Update Now button to start the update (Fiddler must be running when you do this).
  11. After receiving the error message, go back to Fiddler, and to File, then Save, and select All Sessions (please save it on your desktop).
  12. Attach the file you saved from Fiddler to a reply for us to review by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

This is what we were looking for some simple solutions and we have someone who can manage things :) ... Lol :lol:

I will wait for the next post. Hoping to be a beautiful line. Haha :D :D

This is what we were looking for some simple solutions and we have someone who can manage things :) ... Lol :lol:

I know, it seems a bit complicated, but it is the easiest way to figure out what is happening during the update process for the Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

I will wait for the next post. Hoping to be a beautiful line. Haha :D :D

Actually, since you appear to have a topic open in our malware removal forum (which I apologize for not noticing earlier), and someone else appears to be assisting you there, it would be best if you could ignore my instructions above and simply stick with what Kevin (ShadowPuterDude) asks you to do. It will be far less confusing if only one person is attempting to assist you. ;)