choicefresh

Removing an IMCP rule in Online Armor Free Edition

Hi,

Today I was looking through my Online Armor logs and I noticed the following entry, repeated multiple times:

30/08/12 03:50:59 ICMP -> Destination unreachable(Network unreachable error) 192.168.1.66 208.67.220.220

Blocked by ICMP rule

After further research, I realized that 208.67.220.220 is OpenDNS's server, and the primary DNS server I have listed in my network connection settings. Because this may slow down my Internet browsing, I looked through Online Armor and could not find a "IMCP" tab as referred to in the Online Armor Help documents. Is there an alternative way to allow this connection?

Thank you,

choicefresh

Edit: I get the same message in the log for a connection to 156.154.71.1, another DNS server (DNS Advantage) I have listed.

Edited by choicefresh

ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) is related to pings and traceroutes, and blocking it shouldn't cause a problem with using OpenDNS. If you want to change how Online Armor treats ICMP packets, then you will need to put Online Armor into Advanced Mode.