G-hot

last updated 4 days ago?

I've been using Emsisoft Anti-Malware software version 6 and upgraded to a beta version 7 but it seems to be working very well and after a few days have I updated database, but there is a problem and I think it's a bug where keeps saying that last updated 4 days ago?? :D

I do not know if he can apply these updates to the program or not but it seems like it has many of the problems

I am not having this issue on Windows 7 x64, however I didn't update from version 6.6 to version 7, so I will start testing in virtual machines to see if I can replicate it. ;)

If anyone else is having this issue, please be sure to tell us what version of Windows you are experiencing it on.

My Signatures directory looks like that of Ro-Ma-N's except the latest sig file is 20120903.sig stamped 9/3/2012 2:23 PM MST (UTC -7). I do have an a2vers.dat file dated 9/4 10:40 AM.

Since the update to v7beta on 9/3/2012 3:03:11 PM, all updates have been to the BD directory according to Logs:Update. (Except two a2....dat files.)

If there have been updates to the .sig files, I haven't been seeing them according to date/time stamps. Or I can't tell as they're not being logged.

FWIW: there's a 20120904.sig file in my laptop's OA++

I'm of the opinion that the a2engine sigs aren't updating - if they're supposed to be updating, that is.

Does EAM say when the last successful update was? The opening post mentions that it says it was 4 days ago, however the rest of you seem to be concerned with the last modified date of the signature files. Just to verify, is everyone posting here actually experiencing the same issue that was reported in the opening post (where the "Last update" time listed on the Security Status screen is several days ago), or are the rest of you only seeing an issue with the last modified date of the signature files themselves?

Just an FYI: Updated signatures should be available soon. Let us know if you don't start receiving database updates sometime tonight.

@GT500 & Crew

I'm sorry I failed to mention I have updates configured daily, every 30 minutes and "Last update" is reporting correctly.

I had wanted to create a topic for the no new .sig files, but I thought I should just post in here.

Besides, all these seem to be related if xman68 and G-hot have not their updates set to weekly or monthly.

ANYHOW... just ten minutes ago 20120905.sig showed up. :thumbs:

Cheers!

I have upgrade again but it seems that this problem is still working as a bug .....

And probably that it would take some time to find out what is causing this problem ... , And still keeps me on 4/7 days ago, etc?

This problem (not receive any update for E1) solved by 7.0.0.7

Do you upgrade from 6.6 to 7.0.0.8 today?

Yes, upgrade to the latest beta release

You have started a thread on the ''Help my PC is infected'' area of the forum.

Perhaps it may be better to see if you are infected first in case that is what is affecting your inability to update.

stapp # :) My system is clean now!But I'm sure that had nothing to do With the issue of removing the virus but is a bug With Emsisoft Anti-Malware

I have upgrade again but it seems that this problem is still working as a bug .....

And probably that it would take some time to find out what is causing this problem ... , And still keeps me on 4/7 days ago, etc?

I've been trying to test this (my virtual machines have been offline for a few days due to a power outage, but they did run for a couple of days before I had to shut them down. I'm firing them back up right now, and I'll see if any of them are showing the same issue. Since you never told me what version of Windows you are encountering this issue on I have been testing this on Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-bit), Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (64-bit), Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit), and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit) just to make sure that I was covering everything (well, everything except Windows 8, which I don't have the spare hard drive space to install right now).

I will also need to know if you see any errors when you try to check for updates manually. We may need to have you send us a Fiddler log to see what is happening.

I've been trying to test this (my virtual machines have been offline for a few days due to a power outage, but they did run for a couple of days before I had to shut them down. I'm firing them back up right now, and I'll see if any of them are showing the same issue. Since you never told me what version of Windows you are encountering this issue on I have been testing this on Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-bit), Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (64-bit), Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit), and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64-bit) just to make sure that I was covering everything (well, everything except Windows 8, which I don't have the spare hard drive space to install right now).

I will also need to know if you see any errors when you try to check for updates manually. We may need to have you send us a Fiddler log to see what is happening.

No error messages when I update the program and this is what I do the manual update so certainly it's a bug and should start work on this issue.

And I use Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. :)

I just checked my test setups, and none of them are having this issue.

Could I see a copy of your update logs? You can save them as a text file by opening Emsisoft Anti-Malware, going to Logs in the menu on the left, going to the Update tab, and clicking the Export button. Please save a copy of the update logs on your desktop, and then attach it to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.

It doesn't look like the scheduled updates are running (I don't see any "Automatic update" entries in the log). Please open Emsisoft Anti-Malware, go to Configuration in the menu on the left, go to the Automatic Updates tab, and make sure that Automatic Updates are enabled and that they are set to run at a specific interval, such as in the screenshot below (click to make it larger if you can't read it):