Sign in to follow this  
peter238b

blue screen at start of rootkit scan

i am testing beta emsisoft anti mailware v 7.0.0.6 full paid version as soon as i start any scan as it scans for rootkits my pc gets a blue screen i am useing xp with sp3 please see image of blue screen.

i can do a right click scan on my drive c with no probs as the right click scan do not include a rootkit scan and it scans ok the problem is the rootkit scan cause in the blue screen

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

any help please

We'll need a copy of the memory dump to be able to analyze it and determine what happened. Normally the file would be C:\WINDOWS\Memory.dmp however it will most likely be rather large in size, so you might need to use a service such as RapidShare, DepositFiles, BayFiles, or another similar website if your prefer, and then send me the link in a private message so that I can pass it along to our developers.

We'll need a copy of the memory dump to be able to analyze it and determine what happened. Normally the file would be C:\WINDOWS\Memory.dmp however it will most likely be rather large in size, so you might need to use a service such as RapidShare, DepositFiles, BayFiles, or another similar website if your prefer, and then send me the link in a private message so that I can pass it along to our developers.

thanks for youy help but my Memory.dmp file is 1.4gb it would take me for ever to up load thanks .i have a work around my problem by right clicking on drive c and doing a scan with out scaning for rookkits as it the rootkit scan that gives me the blue screen hopefully when this beta version becomes final version the bug/problem may be sorted ..........

Yes, 1.4GB is a little on the large side, and I don't think there's a free file sharing service that would allow you to upload something that large.

Fortunately, our developers are aware of the issue, and they are working on finding the cause of the crash.

• Upvote 1

Hi Peter,

We released a EAM 7.0 scan engine update that should fix those blue screen. Can you please install the latest update through the online update and rerun the scan to see if it still crashes your system?

• Upvote 1

Hi Peter,

We released a EAM 7.0 scan engine update that should fix those blue screen. Can you please install the latest update through the online update and rerun the scan to see if it still crashes your system?

great just done a scan and it no longer crashes the update has fixed the problem thanks Emsisoft