scottls1

v6 detection vs v7 (winner!) vs ...!

FYI- I followed this CRDF independent AV testing link (from another Topic...), and it only showed average/lifetime AV detections?-

https://threatcenter.crdf.fr/?Stats

So I donated to see what current detection rates are updated daily (available to Registered members Only)?-

As you see v6 EAM with 2nd Ikarus engine is in 17th place with Only 17% detection! :blush:

Whereas Bitdefender is in 4th place with 41%!

Good change to Bitdefender as 2nd EAM v7 engine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it got interesting to me!?-

I see that NOD32 is in 2nd place, so I ran their free Slow Full (all options, but remove) online scan (IE only!)?

OMG!- The NOD scan didn't detect anything on my C: drive, but did find some in my F: Macrium Reflect image .zip backups (NOD unzips all)! :excl:

I stopped scanning at 45min, so I don't know if there are more infected image backus?

EAM Full scans skip the Macrium .zip backups, and I couldn't find an option to also scan .zip?

Q?- Is there some way to get EAM to scan .zip?

Emsisoft and Ikarus were in the top 5 for a long time at CRDF.

One day i noticed Emsisoft disappeared from the list and a-squared was there with 0% score.

I notified them and they fixed it.

It happened again

I gave up.

The detected InstallCore files are most likely downloads from cnet or similar download sites with their own 'extra's'.

Guess you can check what files were detected if you saved the log.

Check custom scan options for the option to scan zip files.

All that means nothing since in my own malware pack detection tests v7 is often above than v6 ,

one day v6 will be above , another day v7.

Emsisoft and Ikarus were in the top 5 for a long time at CRDF.

One day i noticed Emsisoft disappeared from the list and a-squared was there with 0% score.

I notified them and they fixed it.

It happened again

I gave up.

The detected InstallCore files are most likely downloads from cnet or similar download sites with their own 'extra's'.

Guess you can check what files were detected if you saved the log.

Check custom scan options for the option to scan zip files.

You are correct about the NOD detections coming from Cnet small download activators... They must be whitelisted by EAM, as .zip is ticked (with No smart extensions filter)?

I had another similar small activator... for Adobe Acrobat, and EAM detected it as Riskware.