trujwin

History list getting erased

Since the past 2 days I find the History list getting pruned to display only very recent events of the session (and they too disappear after some time to display a totally blank History page) The clear History box is blank. Never had this issue before. Some incremental update is causing that I am afraid.....

Using OA Premium on Win 7 64bit I have all my history intact.

I am using EAM.

I take it that your days to keep history is set to the default 7 days

Hi stapp,

I see the History page quiet frequently. I can assure you that it worked well till a few days ago after which all the entries seem erased out. It is surely an incremental update misfire. From my end there has been no installation of any new software but if anything need to be checked you can advice.

What happens if you put a tick in the clear history box then reboot. Take out the tick in the clear history box and reboot.

Does it keep the entries then?

What happens if you put a tick in the clear history box then reboot. Take out the tick in the clear history box and reboot.

Does it keep the entries then?

Yeah I could do that when I get time.It is taking a huge time for rebooting.

Second thing is that on my laptop I have simultaneously logged in as an Administrator and "user" and switch between depending on the usage/needs. Also I prefer hibernating rather than shutdown. In the process explorer I get 2 instances of Oaui , Oahelp (one in the Admin name and one in the "user " name) but only a single instance of Oasrv and Oacat. Does having 2 istances of OAui be a remote cause for this??

It may be better if Andrewf (the OA dev) answers your questions about the 2 instances of some OA components.

It sometimes is necessary to reboot your computer so your computer can take a breath :)

Since the past 2 days I find the History list getting pruned to display only very recent events of the session (and they too disappear after some time to display a totally blank History page) The clear History box is blank. Never had this issue before. Some incremental update is causing that I am afraid.....

Hello,

The history is being cleaned up in 3 cases:

1) In case you specify to clean it on reboot

2) In case there're old entries which should be deleted (age of particular entries is > than the number of days to keep them)

3) In case the history file gets too large - this automatically deletes older entries on each try of adding a new one.

Yeah I could do that when I get time.It is taking a huge time for rebooting.

Second thing is that on my laptop I have simultaneously logged in as an Administrator and "user" and switch between depending on the usage/needs. Also I prefer hibernating rather than shutdown. In the process explorer I get 2 instances of Oaui , Oahelp (one in the Admin name and one in the "user " name) but only a single instance of Oasrv and Oacat. Does having 2 istances of OAui be a remote cause for this??

oaui.exe and oahlp.exe are the "gui processes" needed for interaction with the user.

They're being started for each logged-in user. It is normal to have 2 instances of each (one per logged-in user).

The oasrv.exe and oacat.exe are services and run under the SYSTEM account ;)

Hello,

The history is being cleaned up in 3 cases:

1) In case you specify to clean it on reboot

2) In case there're old entries which should be deleted (age of particular entries is > than the number of days to keep them)

3) In case the history file gets too large - this automatically deletes older entries on each try of adding a new one.

Hi Andrew

In fact I have never changed the options for History and am having it (attached in snap) right from the day I installed OA. It was very helpul in tracking and removing unwanted programs. As I mentioned the strange phenomenon (History erasing) I noticed only since a week? ago, not sure , but otherwise History was working very true.Even as I write History has enlisted entries only since 19th September. Just a minor glitch i suppose..

2, In another of my post I was a little restless ;) about History links not parking themselves properly. I have attached links of video files for the regular user(erratic) , and the Guest (working fine). I am not too sure what is causing the difference..

Regular -

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3rkk2oz7w4xt/n/OA_regular_avi

Guest -http://www.filefactory.com/file/3m5zcleplb93/n/OA_guest_avi

I have the latest OA Beta 1860. Even as of now the history log does not seem to have been resolved.I have a 30 day history list enabled.Two days ago I saw some entries dating to the past 3 days. Since yesterday even that is gone and the whole History box is a blank.If I chose to show the kernel display it shows only of today's. Sorry about the tall caims of more than 300 bugs cleared in the change blog ,  most requested elementary aspect of the program is not finding the light of the day. I can assure you that with OA under Emsisoft it worked perfectly for a 30 day routine and suddenly after an incremental update this irritant behavior was noted. If this is not under the scheme of correction , forget it. I will not bother anymore. Thanks!

Thank You GT 500. I can understand from the winking smiley in your post , how serious this issue is. Thanks for the response anyway. ;)

Actually, the winking smiley was intended to be reassuring, and not whimsical.

I attached the history.dat file you sent me to the bug report related to this history disappearing issue, since it seems to pertain more to this issue than to the other one.

Even as per 1866 , this is unresolved. I have been using the updated version since 1 week and more and I find the history list hardly ccontaining entries pertaining to today...

I don't see any activity on the bug report. It's possible that Andrey wasn't able to squeeze it in to the OA 7 release, but the bug report is still open so Andrey will take a look at it as soon as he can.