pwlngs

Emsisoft Anti-malware

I would like for Emsisoft Anti-malware to automaticly remove found threats, the only way to do this is use the command line scanner; Otherwise if you start a scan and dont check it till the next day any detected threats are just waiting or user interaction. Another reason is I have this software deployyed on a bunch of my clients and they will not remove threats or even notice emsisoft is open causing more work for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Caleb

Automatic removal of malware is not recommended. If you are maintaining those systems for your clients for example chances are you may use remote control software, that would most likely be removed if such an option existed, leaving you without any means to remote control the system. That being said: You can define an action to take when a scan is finished. It is usually set to report, but you can change it before the scan starts or during the scan (see the text link at the bottom of the scan type selection dialog).

Yes i did see the option to contain it automaticly but if I am using scheduled scans I can't do that. Plus I have them being scanned each night. Touching every computer every scan would be impossible. Is this a option you can add to Emsisoft?

There is a reason why you can't do it: Because it is dangerous. It will break the system sooner or later. While I wouldn't rule out such an option entirely, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for such a feature either.

I understand it is dangerous, if you remove a false postive detection it might cause some damage to the OS or 3rd party software. All I ask is the Emsisoft design team takes it into account how I am using the product. It is deployeed into a business enviroment where I would rather have the program remove any found threats automaticly because the end users will not, no matter how many times I tell them to. And I can not be checking 500+ computers each morning to see if they got a infection or not. I am very impressed with Emsisoft Anti-malware as a Anti-virus and would like to continue using it but it is forcing me to use a command line tool when it has scheduled scans built into the program. And 10% of the time the command line scan will get hung up looking for D: or just wont scan after the update, leaving the black box up for my clients to find in the morning. If this option was added in all your team would have to do is mark it as use at your own risk, plus the False Postive list has grown since I've been using emsisoft. I have not seen it pick up anything past remote registoy's for dameware, which if you remove doesn't even matter.

Thank you

Caleb

I have been testing other anti virus software, and it seems that the majority of them will automaticly remove the detected threats. I am really pushing for Emsisoft to add this option, you have no idea how much head ache's you would save me when I have to clean up networks.

Thank you

Caleb