mchain

GUI Password for Online Armor 6.0.0.1736 Corrupted?

Wrote it down before committing to gui lock. Checked immediately after to see if it worked. It did.

XP Pro SP3, Avast 7.0.1466

Possible to reset w/o uninstalling/installing? Won't password prevent uninstalling? I had this problem before with an earlier version, but restored a system image and got it back. No image was done this time, tho.

Hi mchain,

Does entering a blank password unlock the GUI? Unfortunately there isn't a way to recover the GUI password. You can uninstall though, by booting into Safe Mode. Online Armor doesn't load in Safe Mode so you'll be able to uninstall it without entering the password.

Hi catprincess,

That definitely helps. +1 for that.

This is the second time this has happened. Version 5.5 it happened on (same issue) and now 6.0.

BTW, as this is only my third or fourth post here, am experiencing great difficulty in logging on. Have had to reset twice so far, and did not get a notification of your reply (Profile Settings has now been adjusted). Password difficulties due to being blocked somehow? Certain I am entering the correct password each time.

Are you seeing a message saying your password is incorrect when you try to login to the forum? Could caps lock have accidently been enabled on your keyboard by any chance so that the password may not have been entered in the correct case?

I've been guilty of that much more than once.

No, I'm certain CAPS was not on at any time @ logon.

Just thought I'd put that issue out there, maybe it is me, but I think not.

Off to go make a new image. If all goes well, will report back.

Thanks.