Ken1943

Error Message

Not very often, but still a problem.

"Application can't connect to service"

Nothing in event log. Have to do a hard reset, won't reboot normally.

Version 7.0.0.10 Windows 7 64 bit.

Any ideas except for reinstall ?

Thanks

Do you have any other security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc) installed?

Yes.

Outpost Security Suite

Malwarebytes

Superantispyware.

All running

Been running them for a long time without any problem until this error message. Been ok so far after reinstall. Another Win 7 64 bit with same programs has not had an error.

Don't know if Version 7 is starting to include Windows 8, but I remember all the problems with the updates with XP to Windows 7.

It is common to have application and driver issues after upgrading from an older version of Windows to a newer one. Fortunately, Microsoft doesn't force those upgrades via Windows Update (they expect you to buy the 'upgrade' edition of Windows 8 before you can upgrade to it).

Have you tried disabling your Outpost Security Suite to see if that resolves the issue with Emsisoft Anti-Malware?

I was talking about other programs starting to include updates for Windows 8 in this case. From experience I know when programs started to include Windows 7 and running XP was a real pain. I guess you could all it backwards compatibly getting screwed up.

Haven't had a error since reinstalling.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware was already compatible with Windows 8 before we released version 7, however we still test with Windows XP Service Pack 3 to ensure that it works properly. ;)