alireza009

block a specific file in emsisoft anti-malware

hi.

in McAfee and Kaspersky i could deny access to a specific file.for example i could deny access to autorun.inf files so that when i clicked on them, it would give me the following message: "access to this file is Denied".or i could deny access to any other file.How can i deny access to a specific file in Emsisoft Anti-Malware ??

(the file can be .exe or non-executive like txt)

Do you mean exclude a file from protection, or block a file from being executed as a program?

An INF file cannot be executed like an application, so you wouldn't be able to block it via Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

You can block access to the file via file permissions in Windows, assuming your hard drive was formatted with the NTFS filesystem (this is the most common filesystem for Windows computers since Windows XP, and I would believe it is required for installing Windows 7). Here is a link to instructions on using file permissions in Windows, however please be careful when changing these settings, as you can completely lock yourself out of files, folders, and even entire hard drives if you accidentally select the wrong option.

You could manually add a file in applications and change permissions. I think ?

You can only add EXE files, and not INF files.

Online Armor does have a "File Shield" that should be able to block access to specific files, however Emsisoft Anti-Malware will only allow you to specify applications to be blocked.

• Upvote 1

thanks 4 the last reply.but can i use Online Armor + eset nod32 smart security?

nod32 smart sec has a built in firewall.is it compatible with Online Armor ?

two firewall at the same time?

or should i disable one?

Firewalls don't tend to work well together on the same computer, and if you try using Online Armor with ESET Smart Secuity then chances are that neither of the firewalls will properly monitor network traffic.