AaLF

Free version of EAM

Guys, just thining out loud. My EAM lic. finishes in 3 or 4 months. What happens after the lic. expires if I don't renew?

Will it remain as a scanner no removal power?

If so, will it continue with regular updates?

When your license expires, Emsisoft Anti-Malware will start running in 'free' mode, which means you will lose the real-time protection and the behavior blocker, but you will still be able to run scans and get updates.

You may also want to consider this article about our Referral Rewards Program. ;)

Yes, it should work OK. There are issues with Kaspersky's network filter that can cause issues with firewall software, however it should not effect Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Will EAM7-free delete a virus or malware when it finds one during scanning or just give me the bad news I'm infected?

In free-mode' if a malware activates will EAM7 pounce on it or is EAM7 asleep except whilst manually scanning?

Hi AaLF,

As Siketa already mentioned, Emsisoft Anti-Malware deletes malware in freeware mode as well.

The answer to your second questions is "no", there is no realtime protection available in the freeware mode. You need to scan your computer to find malware.

Should you have any further questions, please just let us know.