trujwin

1736 - Still some issues.

1. The History tab does not retain entries beside the current session immediately few entries of the previous day/session. The earlier days/sessions entries are erased even though I have kept the setting toretain History for 30 days and the clear on reboot UNTICKED. This was working flawlessly earlier and has started malfunctioningonly recently and I have also reported it.

2.History links>> Program entries viz screen updation etc are working fine. History links>> Firewall entries are still malfunctioning ,they do not seem to have been covered.

3.If the said History link>>entry is not available , OA still goes and stays put at the particular page. An alert of the "Link unavailable" would have been ideal.

3.The history entries take enormous time to be loaded , sometimes even in the same session. Can't they be cached unto a file and updated?

4.A border to the highlighted entries particularly when it is preceeded and succeeded by a different colored entry would have been better

Hello. Please allow me the apologize for the slow response.

We appreciate your comments, and we will consider them in future updates.

Here are a few quick responses to some of your questions, in the order they were asked.

1. Online Armor will automatically drop old entries in the history when the database it is stored in exceeds a certain size.
  2. Our developers will take care of this as soon as they get a chance.
  3. I do not believe that there are currently any plans to change this behavior.

1. Online Armor will automatically drop old entries in the history when the database it is stored in exceeds a certain size.

Very sorry to note that this very effective and efficient feature has been toned down or removed. Am still not clear from your reply that the options for the History page eventhough still available has been made redundant. I will request you to consider putting it back again.

... Am still not clear from your reply that the options for the History page eventhough still available has been made redundant. ...

I don't recall any discussion about options on the history page being redundant. May I ask what options have been made redundant?

I don't recall any discussion about options on the history page being redundant. May I ask what options have been made redundant?

What I was trying to mean that as of now History page options are no longer working as intended. The point 1 in my first post in this thread .........

Been keeping an eye on this thread but not posted until I made sure my history was working as intended for me.

I have OA on XP and Windows 7 64bit.

I have the history set for 7 days (the default on install)

All entries on both operating systems are kept for 7 days and then disappear from the bottom of the page as their ''saved for time limit'' is reached.

So I cannot confirm what your are seeing. The only variable is that you have manually set yours for 30 days. Do you see any difference in behaviour if you switch to 7 days as a test? ( I realise you would have to wait a few days before you post back :))

Hi,

Just to inform that even with the option to keep 7 days of History,all the previous entries except for the current session seems non-exixtent. For my convenience I log in sometimes as admin or an user on my laptop. Even with this arrangement earlier versions of OA did not have any problems in displaying History as per the mentioned choice. Would you please look into it. Thanks

Could you please send me the history.dat file via PM ?

(please note, that you'd need to close & shutdown OA first to be able to access the file)

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I have sent the file by PM. I am enclosing a few snaps of the page as I see it from my end.

3/11/12 evening

4/11/12 morning

4/11/12 evening

OA history options

Could you please remove the "history.dat" file and try to reproduce this issue again?

(Please note, that you'd need to close & shutdown OA in order to be able to delete the history.dat file)

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Just to add another inconsistency in the History Links. Just because the Alert gets the spelling of an application wrong , it is not able to link to the file. Often usually a ALREADY permitted program may tend to raise alerts in connection with some other application.For example Explorer.exe or IEXPLORE.exe in History will not reach explorer.exe , or iexplore in the Programs list which already existed. Why are the alerts being recorded that way , if an earlier instance of the application was already available?