andrey

About OA and EMET

Hi all!

Very interesting to know, whether the correct operation of the Online Armor and Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET)?

These Security Software are compatible?

And there is a sense in using EMET on a PC in conjunction with the OA?

Unfortunately, I don't think any of us have tested the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit. Considering the functionality of the EMET, it is possible that it might break some of Online Armor's HIPS features, however I do not know for sure if this is the case.

Our developers are fairly certain that EMET will not interfere with the HIPS in Online Armor, so don't worry about what I said above. ;)

Well, thanks!

But do we need EMET the normal, ordinary user, not the system administrator?

What is Your opinion?

Microsoft's EMET sounds like it was designed for use in corporate networks, however it also sounds like it would be usable by the average person (this is just an assumption based on the description on Microsoft's website, however, as I have not used it).

As for whether or not it is needed, if it truly does what it claims, then it sounds like it would be useful at helping prevent infections. However, please note that this will not prevent infections that spread by "social engineering" (making you think the infection is something that you actually want to run on your computer).

EMET is just an app that prevent manipulation of other softwares by malwares.

I used it since long time without issues, it is recommended to avoid adding security softs in EMET.