Nightwalker

EAM 7 advanced cache is working for File Guard?

I think there is a problem with my copy because EAM scan some programs again and again making the startup of these programs a little slowly.

EAM uses 20 ~ 25 % of my I5 2500 during some programs startups ( like firefox). Its not a problem but after some time if I close firefox ( just a example) and reopen it , EAM will scan it again making a perceptible slowdown.

I fell some slowdown even opening task manager ...

Ps: With File guard disabled everything runs very fast.

Well there is no edit option in this forum?

Here my system specs:

Windows 7 x64 SP1 , Core I5 2500 , 8 gb ram , just EAM 7.0.0.12 installed.

I dont want to give up EAM , i think it is a superb product for a nice price.

Lets get some more information. Please run OTL by following the instructions below:

1. Click this link to save OTL onto your desktop (please make sure to click 'Save' instead of 'Run').
  2. Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  3. Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan will take a few minutes.
  4. When the scan completes, it will open two Notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. The first one (OTL.txt) will be automatically saved on your desktop next to OTL, and the second one will need to be saved manually.
  5. Please make sure that both OTL.txt and Extras.txt are saved on your desktop, and then attach both of them to a reply so that we can take a look at them.

Aside from a lot of custom group policy settings, I am not seeing anything odd in that log. I'll assume that you changed those group policy settings yourself, and will ignore them for now.

We will probably need a scan engine debug log to see what is going on. I have attached a ZIP archive to the message which contains two batch files. One is named engine_enable_debug_output and the other is named engine_disable_debug_output. Please download this ZIP archive, extract the batch files, and run the engine_enable_debug_output file (if your computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then please make sure to right-click and select to Run as administrator):

After running the batch file, please restart your computer, and try to reproduce the performance issue when opening programs. After that, please check the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder (usually C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware) and there should be a file named ScanEngineDebug.log (the files should be listed in alphabetical order). Please ZIP this file (if you do not have a program such as WinZip, 7-Zip, or WinRar then please right-click on the file, go to Send To, and select Compressed (zipped) folder) and make sure to save the ZIP archive on your desktop to make it easy to find. After that, please attach the ZIP archive with the ScanEngineDebug.log file in it to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.

OK, our developers have checked your log, and they have informed me that they will also need a log from DebugView and they will need to see your settings for the File Guard.

For the File Guard settings, you can simply ZIP the a2settings.ini file and attach that to a reply (or you can send it to me in a private message if you prefer). You should find the file in the main Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder (which is normally C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware). To ZIP it, you can right-click on the file, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder. Windows may give you an error, saying that you do not have permission to write to that location, and ask you if you want to save it on your desktop instead, so say 'Yes' to that if you see it. You should be able to attach this zipped file to a reply.

For the DebugView log, we'll need to set a registry entry that will tell Emsisoft Anti-Malware to output debug information that DebugView can see and save in its log. The following file eam_enable_debug_output.zip contains a batch file which, when run with administrative rights, will automatically create that registry entry for you. Please download this file, extract the batch file from it (it will also be named eam_enable_debug_output), and run the batch file (if your computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then please make sure to right-click on the batch file and select to Run as administrator):

After that, please restart your computer, and then proceed with the instructions below:

1. Download DebugView from this link:
  2. When downloading, make sure to save it on your Desktop instead of clicking 'Run' or 'Open'.
  3. Right-click on the 'DebugView' file that you just saved on your Desktop, and select "Extract All".
  4. Before running DebugView, you will need to add a process exclusion to Emsisoft Anti-Malware to prevent crashing issues. Here are the instructions:

1. Please go ahead and open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
    2. click on Guard in the menu on the left.
    3. Go to the File Guard tab.
    4. Click on the Manage whitelist link on the left, just above 'Alerts'.
    5. On the left, under where it says Type, click on where it says File and change it to Process.
    6. Click in the white space to the right of where you just changed 'File' to 'Process', under where it says Item, and a little button with three dots on it will appear to the right.
    7. Click on the button with the three dots.
    8. Navigate to the folder where DebugView is saved (this should be on your desktop), select the Dbgview file, and click the Open button in the lower-right.
    9. Click OK at the bottom to save the settings, and then close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    10. [*] Open the new DebugView folder that was created on your Desktop after extracting.

[*] Windows XP and 2000 users should double-click on the file named 'Dbgview'. Windows 7 and Vista users should right-click and select "Run as Administrator".

[*] Click on the 'Capture' menu, and select everything except "Log Boot" (you will have to open the menu again after clicking to select an item).

[*] After selecting the options in the 'Capture' menu, click on the 'File' menu and select "Log to File As" and create a file on your desktop for it to save the log to.

[*] Do whatever it is you need to in order to replicate the issue.

[*] After the system freezes, restart your computer (you may need to hold down the power button for about 4 or 5 seconds to shut it down first), and make sure that the log was saved on your desktop.

[*] Please attach that log file to a reply so that we may analyze it for errors. You will need to use the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply in order to access the attachment controls.

Note: You may need to ZIP the log file in order to attach it. If you do not have a program such as 7-Zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc. then you can right-click on the log file, go to Send to, and click on Compressed (zipped) folder. You will be able to attach the ZIP archive to a reply.