Sign in to follow this  
dalchina

Uninstall - left-over 'Unknown device' oa_netmp

Recommended Posts

Hi, after uninstalling OA 5.5 premium (then v6) (because after the update to v6 I was getting lots of time-consuming updates and prompt to restart + re-enter serial) I'm left with an unknown device in Device Manager.

This shows nt_oanetmp under 'Details'.

There are a number of refs ot this in the registry, but these are protected and cannot be deleted.

I also tried Sysinternals psexec tool to launch the registry- this appeared to work, but the entry I tried to delete was back after restart.

Please advise.. thanks.

Vista Ultimate 32 bit Eng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Sheep Expert, Thanks, I had read a similar thread before, and tried reinstalling OA and uninstalling. After quite a bit of messing around, including losing my internet connection as per the thread you refer to and another, several leftover OA miniport references in Device Manager were eliminated.

This one is the only one left, but it's listed as an Unknown Device under 'Other Devices', detail is nt_oanetmp, as I said.

More:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

A service installation section in this INF is invalid.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

An attempt to reinstall this -> 'Could not find'.

I've finally just tried to uninstall it again, and this time it has disappeared from the Device Manager.

I'll have to wait to try a restart to see if it's gone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always welcome the opportunity to respectfully request, as I have on many occasions, that Emsisoft develop an emsiclean.exe-like utility for Online Armor. This looks like one of those opportunities. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success! Remnant miniport drivers now removed.

Hi, thanks for your comments. Hmm, I second dallas7 - one thing I was looking for early on.

GT500 - Windows version stated in my 1st post. Sorry, it looks as if I didn't put it in my profile. It's on a laptop BTW, and up to date.

Ok, I can confirm that this time (it didn't succeed when i tried earlier) simply uninstalling the driver remnant actually worked, and was ok after restart.

So, I don't know why OA6 (automatic update) caused me all the lengthy updates after logging on and prompts to restart, whereas 5.5 had been fine. Which is why I ended up struggling to uninstall this after quite a long time with OA.

Boot time down 1 minute without OA!

Interestingly now with Fsecure Internet Security alone - which now uses Windows firewall! (which I had moved to from Avast Free AV + OA premium) my boot time is reduced more than a minute. I had been running Fsecure IS without its firewall + OA premium, to benefit from Bitdefender antivirus + OA. Ah well, seemed a good idea..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is possible that adding exclusions to Online Armor and F-Secure Internet Security would resolve the performance issues. Please let me know if you want to try this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.