Hi.

We want to use the update proxy and there are some problems:

1) When we adjust the EAM for updating from update proxy, it does no connect to server and update via Internet (online).

2) When we double click on "a2updateproxy.exe", its page open and doesn't close any way. Why???

Please tell me complete information for using the update proxy.

Thank you for your attention.

sechili

1) When we adjust the EAM for updating from update proxy, it does no connect to server and update via Internet (online).

I just tried using my ISP proxy to perform update and it works without any problems. Are you sure that proxy server you choose is active, allows such downloads or dosn't require authentication with login/password ?

2) When we double click on "a2updateproxy.exe", its page open and doesn't close any way. Why???

If I understand picture you attached correctly, then this program is used to create a proxy for EAM updates (ie. turn computer to proxy between LAN and internet). I think it doesn't need to be used if you only want to update your PC through some proxy of your choice.

HTH

Do you have access to the logs from this proxy server?

The a2updateproxy.exe program is intended for use in a corporate network so that server admins can run what is essentially a cache that keeps copies of updates after one EAM client downloads them. EAM running on other computers on the network will then be able to download that update from the update proxy rather than from the Emsisoft update servers. This reduces the amount of bandwidth needed to support updates for hundreds of workstations that are all running Emsisoft Anti-Malware, but would have to use the same Internet connection to download updates.

It does not close because it is intended to run as a service, and only close when stopped.

You can find more information here, including installation instructions.

• Upvote 1

The screenshot of your update proxy shows an IP address of 192.168.1.100 and the screenshot of your proxy configuration in EAM shows an IP address of 172.196.100.2 which is most likely your problem. If the computer that the update proxy is running on has an IP address of 192.168.1.100 then you need to enter that in the proxy configuration of every EAM install that you need to have using the update proxy.

Hi.

There are some problems in running of "a2updateproxy.exe":

I did following:

In the sever:

1-Rename the config file "a2updateproxy_default.ini" to "a2updateproxy.ini"

2-Run the a2updateproxy.exe

When we doubled click on "a2updateproxy.exe", its page opened and didn't close any way. Why???

In the Clinet:

1- I started Anti-Malware and then went to the updater settings and opened the connection settings after that, activated the "Use proxy" checkbox and entered my proxy IP and port number in the fields.

2- Clicked to update

When I adjusted the EAM for updating from update proxy, it didn't connect to server!! Why??

When we doubled click on "a2updateproxy.exe", its page opened and didn't close any way. Why???

When it closes, it stops working. If you want it to run on your server without displaying the command prompt, then you will need to run it as a service. Check your installed services and see if it is already in there.

When I adjusted the EAM for updating from update proxy, it didn't connect to server!! Why??

Did you open the port in the firewall on the server?

When it closes, it stops working. If you want it to run on your server without displaying the command prompt, then you will need to run it as a service. Check your installed services and see if it is already in there.

Please tell me about this in detail.

If I want to run the update proxy automatically after running windows, what I do to do?

Did you open the port in the firewall on the server?

1) How to adjust port in firewall?

2) Can I off the firewall for this issue?

Please tell me about this in detail.

If I want to run the update proxy automatically after running windows, what I do to do?

1. Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, go to Accessories, and open the Command Prompt (note that this does require admin rights).
  2. Assuming that you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed in the default location, and assuming the operating system is in English, please use the following command to navigate to the Emsisoft Anti-Malware directory:
    cd "\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware"

3. Use the following command to install the update proxy as a service:
    a2updateproxy.exe -install

4. Close the Command Prompt.
  5. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys, with the little Windows logo on it) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  6. Type services.msc into the field and then click OK to see the currently installed services.
  7. Look for Anti-Malware Update Proxy in the list, and make sure that it is running, and that its Startup type is set to Automatic.

1) How to adjust port in firewall?

2) Can I off the firewall for this issue?

1. Click on the Start button, and open the Control Panel.
  2. Open the Security Center.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and click Windows Firewall.
  4. Click on the Exceptions tab.
  5. Click the Add Port button.
  6. Enter a name for the port (something such as "EAM Update Proxy Port" so that it is easy to remember what it is for) and the port number, and leave it set for TCP, then click OK.
  7. Close the Windows Firewall config once you are certain that the new rule is working properly.

Technically, you can turn the firewall off in Windows whenever you want, however you are better off leaving it running if you don't need to disable it.

Edit: If you were using Online Armor on this computer, then let me know, as the procedure will be different. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Updates are always initially downloaded from the Internet. The Update Proxy acts as a cache, and keeps a copy of the updates after the first time they are downloaded. The update should come from the Update Proxy's cache rather than from the Internet if the Update Proxy already has it in the cache. If an update is not already cached, then it will need to be downloaded before it can be cached.