g300

Autoupdate broken?

Please see attached images. With this settings EAM updating all the time, BUT when i set 9:00:00 - 00:00:00 EAM stop updating at all.

Another thing, with settings like on images, autoupdate starting immediately when i enter "Automatic updates" tab (see last update in log 10:45:56).

There have been issues in the past with 00:00:00 in the update settings, so I think this is a known issue. I'll have to verify with out developers to be sure.

As for the update starting when you switch to the Automatic Updates tab, does it happen every time, or only immediately after changing the update schedule settings?

Today updates seems back to normal.

As for the update by clicking on a tab, it happened a few times, very random and now I can not reproduce this behavior (I know that when you change the settings, the update will start immediately if the conditions for its launch).

Manual update work ok, but i see that on main screen "last update" showing only time from automatic updates, not manual.

Even more strange, after closing to tray and opening EAM after 15 seconds "last update" was changed from 29min to 1h.

The manual update didn't find any new signatures or files to download, and the "Last update" time is only changed when an update is actually downloaded.

There was only 15 seconds in between EAM saying the Last update time was 29 minutes and 1 hour? Did you have EAM open for an extended period of time before experiencing that?

I think that this may be normal behavior. From 1 to 30 minutes is a step of 1 min, and then switches to step hour.

There remains one question malfunctioning scheduler.

OK, I have an e-mail from one of our developers explaining the scheduler time issue that you had reported earlier. The scheduler requires that the start time be a lower number than the end time (or, in terms of time, it requires that the start time be an earlier time during the same day than the end time). Since an end time of 12:00 AM (00:00:00) is the next day, and is an earlier time (or a lower number) than the start time, this is why the scheduler fails when the end time is 00:00:00.

I was also told that our developers were able to reproduce the other issues that you reported, and that they will work on fixing them as soon as they are able to. ;)

By "does not work" I assume you mean that the logs are not showing an update check every hour? The screenshots show that there are some logged updates for the 6th, so the scheduled update is working. I wonder if it is just not logging the update check when it doesn't find any new files to download. Our developers already mentioned that they were able to reproduce everything that you had reported previously, so they should be aware of this issue and working on it. ;)

By "does not work" I assume you mean that the logs are not showing an update check every hour?

No, i mean that scheduler was set to 8:00 - 23:00 (with interval 3h), but was updating also over night (after 23:00). Looks like interval working ok, but scheduler time range was ignored completly.

Our developers have let me know that this was one of the issues that they were able to reproduce in testing, and that they hope to have a fix available soon. ;)