Twenty to Fifty Megabytes of Updates per day ?

Hi,

Right now EAM is busy downloading/installing 50.36 megabytes of updates. I run the update facility every day. It seems rare there are less than 20 megabytes of updates.

I am rather amazed at the sheer number of signatures, etc., sent down the pipe each day.

I thought you had in place some new facility that reduced the size of updates ?

thanks, Bill

The website is telling me that I am not allowed to view that post.

My apologies, I didn't notice that when I posted the link.

One of our testers noticed this as well, and after trying a second time they noticed that EAM actually makes two connections, so they surmised that one was for Emsisoft engine updates and one was for BitDefender engine updates.

Fabian also mentioned that the GeoIP location for our USA server is incorrect (unfortunately not something we can fix). It may be possible for this to cause it to be listed with an odd name in OA when EAM connects to it.

My apologies, I didn't notice that when I posted the link.

One of our testers noticed this as well, and after trying a second time they noticed that EAM actually makes two connections, so they surmised that one was for Emsisoft engine updates and one was for BitDefender engine updates.

Fabian also mentioned that the GeoIP location for our USA server is incorrect (unfortunately not something we can fix). It may be possible for this to cause it to be listed with an odd name in OA when EAM connects to it.

yeah that can I live with ;)

Does it happen once time or will happen many times in the feuture ???

That's a difficult question to answer. It happened because our research team believed it was necessary to clean up the database, and I would believe that this was partly because of the switch to using BitDefender's engine (some signatures in BitDefender's database were duplicated in our own database, which made the size larger than was needed), but I would believe that there were other reasons for doing the cleanup as well, so I cannot say with 100% certainty whether or not it will ever happen again.