berryracer

Online Armor and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013

I just installed Online Armor for the first time.

I had Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 already installed and I disabled the Built in Windows 7 Firewall.

Browsing is fine and fast just like it was before online armor.

Anything else I should do to ensure smooth operation? Is there anything in Online Armor or in Kaspersky Anti-Virus that you recommend me to do?

When Trying to install Outpost Firewall before it instructed me to disable the Kaspersky NDIS Filter from the Network Connections and reboot, even though, my browsing was severly affected with Outpost so I guess it was not compatible with KAV at all.

I am glad that Online Armor is fine, but just want to make sure I'm doing it right

PS: I don't know if KAV has HIPS as well and whether I should disable Online Armor's HIPS? Im not sure

any advice is appreciated

thanks

It's currently the weekend so you'll probably have to wait until next week if you are wanting a reply from Emsisoft. I don't personally have any experience with KAV but it's always recommended to exclude your AV in OA and to exclude OA in your AV to ensure best operation.

Did you excude Kav in OA and OA in Kav as recommended by catprincess in the above post?

You seem to have found out a few things over on Wilders to help you as well.

So it's OA Premium you have and not OA free as you say on Wilders?

And have you made the suggested exclusions?

Also, at OA install it turns off Windows Firewall for you, and should you uninstall OA it will automatically turn Windows Firewall back on again.

Hello,berryracer! Kaspersky AntiVirus is absolutely incompatible with Outpost ,and potentially incompatible with OA (may request removal of OA during installation ,if Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed after the OA ). In your case the conflict in the joint work should not be , under the condition of mutual exclusion programs , and as you recommended . Kaspersky AntiVirus unlike OA does not have a full-fledged module HIPS , it is only a function of the " activity monitoring" . However,I would recommend you to try OA Premium instead of OA Free ,to more fully check on your system version joint work with Kaspersky AntiVirus. On my test system they worked well. Good luck!

The only issue I am aware of with Kaspersky Anti-Virus (KAV) and Online Armor (OA) is that, since KAV uses something similar to a proxy to filter network/Internet traffic, OA will see all (or at least most) network traffic as originating from KAV (or more specifically, as originating from the KAV process that handles the network traffic filtering). This essentially nullifies OA's ability to monitor which EXE's are accessing the Internet, as all network traffic will appear to be coming from a trusted EXE, and thus OA will never block network traffic from untrusted programs. You can see a better explanation of this issue in this post.