Sign in to follow this  
trujwin

Excessive CPU usage during applications installation

OAsrv.exe records excessive CPU while installing applications. In fact it is slowing down legitimate Windows Update installation even with a high OAsrv CPU , and on closing OA the process gets completed very fast.

I have posted another thread here

Hello, I've seen that issue happening in the past when OA and the other security software (with real time protection) installed on the system were not mutually excluded.

However, I guess that you probably have already set all the advisable exclusions between Avast and OA.

No. In fact keeping the OA in LEARNING MODE also does not help. Process explorer reports nearly 25% CPU to OA and the installations progress very slowly. Only shutting down OA makes it fast. This seems to be ageneric OASrv problem irrespective of HIPS.

It is strange because I also use OA on Win7 64bit (although I have it with EAM) and do not see the problem that you have.

Have you tried uninstalling Avast, rebooting and then see what happens to OA then?

(I suggest this as a test only I do not expect you to run your machine this way as I'm sure you know)

We'll probably need some logs to see what the problem is. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem with installing stuff. After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Hi,

Probably need some time for this. But I do remember posting on this subject even before 3 or 4 program upgrades.So I wonder if this has to do with any system specific attributes.

It is possible that it is related to a driver or perhaps to a program you have installed. Hopefully the logs will tell our developers what is going on. ;)