slopes

79% of scan ?

Is it really finished, does it say scan finished?

If it doesn't SAY the scan is finished, have you tried just leaving it for a while?

At some point it will generate a file list of c:\windows folder and once it is finished enumerating them it will start scanning the files there. This can take a few minutes depending on the amount of files you have so it may seem like it is 'stuck' at some point in the scan.

Hi Stapp it says scanning 1 of 5 rootkits then 2 of 5 memory 3 of 5 traces then 4 of 5 which is files gets to 79% and it finishes..

Says scan finished! no suspicious files were detected during the scan

It used to do this with the free version I thought the rest of the scan maybe only came with the premium

Just wondering what 5 of 5 is ?

Sorry to keep bothering you Stapp :)

Sure, I always run deep scan

The only reason I noticed in this version I checked to see how much longer a scan

was going to be,it said 79% and the next second it was finished.

I watched the next one and it was the same

I had notice this before with the free version as well.

oK I caught it! Right at the end of the scan it changes from scan c:\files 4 of 5 to "q" files 5 of 5 but only for about a second

then goes to finish

Anyone?

It is possible that there is not much that it actually needs to do in the 5th stage of the scan. I'd need some logs to send to our developers in order to know for sure what is going on. If you want to collect those logs for us, then feel free to follow the instructions below.

Before actually collecting the logs, a registry entry needs to be created to tell Emsisoft Anti-Malware that it needs to save the log. I have attached a ZIP archive to the message which contains two batch files. One is named engine_enable_debug_output and the other is named engine_disable_debug_output. Please download this ZIP archive, extract the batch files, and run the engine_enable_debug_output file (if your computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then please make sure to right-click and select to Run as administrator):

After running the batch file, please restart your computer, and try your scan again. Once it freezes, please check the Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder (usually C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware) and there should be a file named ScanEngineDebug.log (the files should be listed in alphabetical order). Please ZIP this file (if you do not have a program such as WinZip, 7-Zip, or WinRar then please right-click on the file, go to Send To, and select Compressed (zipped) folder) and make sure to save the ZIP archive on your desktop to make it easy to find. After that, please attach the ZIP archive with the ScanEngineDebug.log file in it to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.

-attachment deleted-

There you go GT

Do I run the disable debug now?

Thanks for your help

Edited by GT500
Attachment deleted per user's request.

The last step is scanning your Q: drive that according to your log contains no files at all. If it is indeed empty then what you are experiencing is completely normal. The progress bar is divided in multiple sections depending on how many areas you selected to scan. If you selected the deep scan pre-selection this includes the rootkit scan, memory scan, traces scan as well as a scan of all connected disk drives. So if you have 2 connected disk drives, there will be 5 areas to scan and therefore each section on the progress bar will represent 20% of the overall process. If one of the sections doesn't contain any data and is therefore completed in literally no time, you will see the progress bar jumping ahead 20% instantly.

Please tell me it was safe to

post those logs on a public forum

Yes, it was safe to post the log on the forums. The log does contain information about what files were scanned, however, so if you don't want that to remain on the forums then please let me know and I can delete it for you. ;)