Sign in to follow this  
andrey

Disappears local area network

Hello!

I notifed that after the update EAM lost connection on the local network.

Not always, approximately every two days.

To reset network adapter manually you cannot.

Only helps to restart the PC, and only through the start button, or the system just does not respond.

After such incorrect reboot - it works, but after 1-2 days again repeats.

Help me, please, understand what the problem is - in network adapter, or the system, or the settings of the EAM & OA?

The problem of not able to solve at Russian forum...

http://support.emsis...пропадает-сеть/

May need some more info?

As awhole, and EAM, and OA work without problems, that's just the problem with the network... :huh:

p.s. Sorry, here were problems with the Internet, so posts...

Hi!

I'm not sure that the problem is caused by the Online Armor! :blush:

Disappears the network is and without OA (I deleted).

But when running OA - not always this problem. I can't find out what the reason... :(

Maybe this is the error in the system?

p.s.Now 3 days of this there is NO PROBLEM...(running EAM+OA)

We may need logs from Fiddler to determine what the problem is.

EAM

Please download and install Fiddler 2 from this link (this is the version that requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0), and then follow the instructions below:

1. After installing Fiddler, please open it from the Start Menu.
  2. Launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  3. Go to Configuration in the menu on the left.
  4. Select the Update Settings tab.
  5. Click on the Connection settings link in the lower-right corner.
  6. Check the box that says Use proxy server.
  7. Enter localhost in the Proxy server field, and then enter 8888 in the port field.
  8. Click 'OK'.
  9. Go back to the Menu on the left, and select Security Status.
  10. Click on the Update Now button to start the update (Fiddler must be running when you do this).
  11. After the update fails, go back to Fiddler, and to File, then Save, and select All Sessions (please save it on your desktop).
  12. Attach the file you saved from Fiddler to a reply for us to review by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Our developers have taken a look at your Fiddler log, and they let me know that the log is empty. Are there any other programs having problems connecting to the Internet on your computer? This may be an issue with your Internet connection, and not an issue with EAM.

Hi!

Strange...

I see entries in the log!

Log is emty... What does it mean?

Of course, when breaks the local network of there is no connection to the Internet and for all of my program.

Of course, when breaks the local network of there is no connection to the Internet and for all of my program.

In this case, we have two recommendations:

• Try updating the drivers for your computer's network adapter or modem (whatever you use to connect your computer to the Internet).
  • Follow the advise that was given in the Russian section to uninstall Online Armor for several days to see if the issue happens while Online Armor is not installed.

Only all that recommended - I had already done...

Did removing Online Armor for several days make any difference?

Hi!

Unfortunately, somehow unreliable... :huh:

Without OA worked without problem week.

Installed OA, too, a 1 week without problems - and re-open the network disappears.

OK, lets get some logs from Online Armor. Please open Online Armor, go to Options in the menu on the left, click the little check box to enable debug mode, restart your computer, and then try reproducing your problem with EAM (or simply wait for it to happen, if it is random). After that, please ZIP your entire logs folder (normally C:\Program Files\Online Armor\Logs), upload it to a website such as RapidShare/DepositFiles/BayFiles/etc (which one you use is up to you), and then copy and paste the link to download the file into a reply (or you can send it to me in a Private Message if you don't want the link posted publicly on the forums). Note that, if you don't have a utility such as 7-Zip, WinZip, or WinRar that you can ZIP files and folders by right-clicking on them, going to Send To, and clicking on Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Hi!

Thanks, but...it is impossible.

Can't the same I work in Debug Mode continuously for several days! Artificially reproduce the problem cannot be. :(

Obviously, my problem is unsolvable...

It seems to me, the reason is not OA (EAM), this is a system error. :blush:

Only how to find the causes of this error? :huh:

In the time of the error Windows reports a problem with the Regystry file.(S-1-5-21-21784...)

-the registry file is used by OTHER APPLICATIONS.

And that the file will be unloaded.

After this event is required incorrect reboot.

After the reboot, all right!

Can you fix this problem with the file of the registry?..

Would you be able to give us any more information about that error? There is a way to save/export an error report from the Event Log Viewer, and you can send it to me in a private message.

OK, I try, but there's in Russian...

p.s. Unfortunately, I have not found today this event in the log :(

But as soon as the error occurs again - I'll post a log.

Unfortunately, the error message in the log you sen didn't reveal the cause of the issue. Would it be possible for you to export all of the Event Logs for Application and System, and send them to me in a PM? See he screenshot below for the basic procedure:

Hi!

Thanks for the help.

I found a reason - it's all the same driver Realtek! :blush:

After I reinstalled it (the second time...) - is the local the network ceased to disappear. ^_^

Hi!

The local network again disappears, unfortunately (although a week was no problem!)

Send the logs, as You requested.

p.s. At the time of the disappears local area network see in device Manager that the Realtek is disabled.

And turn it on again - I cannot - the System reports that "the application is not responding".

Only helps to incorrect reboot.

Perhaps, this problem is already not in the realm of this Forum... :blush:

It does sound like you might be having hardware or driver issues. I'll forward your latest batch of logs on to our developers, and we'll see what they can find in them.