Sign in to follow this  
TomFace

Trial Run 7

I currently use Eset Smart Security 5 (my license expires next month). I downloaded Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 (3 month license) about a month ago as a trial. I unstalled it yesterday via remove programs to avoid any potential comflict with Eset. First question, was removing it via remove programs the best way? Secondly, could I have kept it? I have not had any issues running both. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am not a AV/AM expert. Both programs have features that I like.

Hello,

the software uninstall in the control panel/remove programs is the officially recommended way.

Both programs should work together without problems. To prevent incompatibilities we suggest to exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware processes in Eset Smart Security 5 and vice versa.

How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  2. Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  3. Go to the File Guard tab.
  4. In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  5. In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  6. Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  7. Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  8. Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  9. Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Hello,

the software uninstall in the control panel/remove programs is the officially recommended way.

Both programs should work together without problems. To prevent incompatibilities we suggest to exclude the Emsisoft Anti-Malware processes in Eset Smart Security 5 and vice versa.

How to create a process exclusion in Emsisoft Anti-Malware

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the icon on the desktop.
  2. Click Guard in the menu on the left.
  3. Go to the File Guard tab.
  4. In the lower-left corner, just above Alerts, click on the Manage whitelist link.
  5. In the box under Type click the little down arrow and change it from File to Process (you may need to click in the box for the arrow appear).
  6. Click in the white box below Item to make a button with three dots (...) appear, and then click the ... button.
  7. Navigate to the directory where the files you wish to exclude are located, and double-click on one of them to add it.
  8. Repeat the last 3 steps as needed to add each file to the exclusions list.
  9. Click the OK button at the bottom when done, and close Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

If you have any more questions or problems, just let us know.

Christian,

I added the exclusions in both programs as you advised. The only question I have is in the EAM 7 Whitelist, should the boxes (scanner, file guard & behavior blocker) be checked or unchecked to be excluded?

Just want to be sure.