trujwin

CLOSED OA Prevents Duplicate cleaner from starting

Since past few days Duplicate cleaner(DC) would not start its GUI eventhough the Process Explorer lists it as started. Already it has been remembered allowed. I closed OA completely , and then on clicking Duplicate cleaner it would start immediately.

Starting fresh , in a new session I removed the entry of DC from OA , and started DC. For all the alerts from OA , it was allowed and remembered and then DC opened without issues. I closed DC tried to restart, it would not start , former problem coming up once again.

It seems strange that problems like these are propping up now and then after the incemental updates? An easy solution of trusting or excluding them might not be the right approach of what could be some sort of a deficiency.

Did trusting or excluding it resolve the issue?

You are a hard task master I should say ;) . With the program trusted , it starts with a 1 second delay. With it excluded it starts immediately.

Still I am not convinced where we are headed to? The features mentioned above need not be applicable to Duplicate cleaner as it does not deal with new objects /dll or access any unnecessary system dlls.

By the way is OA tested as standalone app in your labs folks? The behavior is diferent if it acts in a combo?

By the way is OA tested as standalone app in your labs folks? The behavior is diferent if it acts in a combo?

How OA is tested depends on what we are testing. Sometimes we test it stand-alone, sometimes in conjunction with other software. It can depend on whether or not we are trying to simulate compatibility issues with other programs.

Hi,

InstallWatch is a legacy win98 software I have been using for a long time.2 days ago I found the registry compare is not working properly and wanted to reinstall it. Same issue. InstallWatch install file WILL NOT START. This time the program itself (even though listed as allowed in the Program List) will not start and not just the GUI as reported for Duplicate cleaner. After Shutting down OA I could install InstallWatch. The issue seems similiar.. would you kindly look into it?

Could you send me a link to download this InstallWatch program in a private message?

I am posting it here itself http://www.softsea.com/review/InstallWatch.html

Now MPUI player (a general video player which had no problems earlier) does not work or hangs. Tested with OA off, works perfectly. Had no option but to exclude it in OA.

How many more? :unsure:

Now MPUI player (a general video player which had no problems earlier) does not work or hangs. Tested with OA off, works perfectly. Had no option but to exclude it in OA.

MPlayer for Windows? *downloading* ;)

I'm probably going to have to test these programs when I get some time. If there does appear to be an issue, then I will talk to Andrey and see if we need to open a bug report on this.

MPlayer for Windows? *downloading* ;)

I'm probably going to have to test these programs when I get some time. If there does appear to be an issue, then I will talk to Andrey and see if we need to open a bug report on this.

Hi,

Let us know what your result on InstallWatch is. :) . There seems to be some error that seems to deny certain types of files. Never had this issue before..

Hi,

There seems to be a strange coincidence? Any program located in Program files or Program files(x86) , which is not Automatically trusted (Green) by OA but permitted by User ,has a problem starting or after starting does not display its GUI in its subsequent starts.

Hi,

There seems to be a strange coincidence? Any program located in Program files or Program files(x86) , which is not Automatically trusted (Green) by OA but permitted by User ,has a problem starting or after starting does not display its GUI in its subsequent starts.

Have you tried the beta version mentioned here http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/10004-beta-updates-%E2%80%93-2012-12-03/ An issue with uninstallers hanging is listed as fixed.  I know that isn't the exact same issue as you are experiencing, but you are experiencing programs not starting and possibly hanging without no visible GUI so it might be worth seeing if the beta helps at all.